This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Alexi doing clean vocals on a ballad?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by Syd Scumbag, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Suffocating Sight

Well since its already been risen, the only way I see a COB ballad happening with clean vocals and still sounding okay. Would be like to have a alexi still doing growls, and having a guest female singer doing cleans.

2. Aleksi

Aleksi Member

Everyone seems to be mentioning Rebel Yell for a reference to Laiho's clean vocals, what about Warmen - Somebody's Watchin' Me?

Edit: Also, people mentioned not liking Kim's vocals in Sinergy and I agree, they suck. I like Tarja's vocals in Nightwish but I hate Anette's but then I've always been hard to please musically.

3. XxSNAPxX

XxSNAPxX [HYDRAKUS]

^^ agreed.....though i wouldnt mind more clean style vocals...like heard in earlier stuff....and like on bastards of bodom in the chorus part.

4. reignofterror

reignofterror On The Road to Ruin

I don't see the point in COB doing anything closer to a ballad than Angels Don't Kill is, but I also don't see any reason why they couldn't do it if they felt like it.
    I don't mind Alexi's clean singing voice (what little samples I've heard), but I don't really care one way or the other whether he decides to put it to use in a COB song.

5. Hellhounds On My Trail

They have slow songs which are really great but I don't think a ballad would suit them...

6. eveningninja

eveningninja Skull Kid

Yes these posts are 6 years old and no these people won't even see these posts to respond to, but...

Lolololol at how laughable this statement is. Tarja actually is a good singer. She produces very spot-on, powerful, and accurate vocals live, whereas Kim on the other hand sounds like an awful old hag singing live :zombie::puke::puke::puke: She can't even hit half of her notes ffs.

Nah, there's more to it than just-- one's 'clean-voxed Alexi songs' and one's 'harsh-voxed Alexi songs'. The overall atmosphere/feeling/mood of Sinergy and CoB have different styles, vocals or not.

7. happilemon

happilemon Member

What the..Lacuna Coil?! Seriously,I disown 2008 happilemon *faceofshame

8. Miss_Sonia

Miss_Sonia Member

I say go for it! I figure most of em have at least at some point had classical training so they'd have an idea of what they were getting into, plus I liked the bits and pieces of clean vocals Alexi did on Skeletons in the Closet. I dunno I think it'd be at the very least an interesting change... maybe a bonus track?

9. SaatananPieniSisar

I think I've missed the clean vocals on Skeletons in the Closet... *Goes and get the cd to listen again...*

Anyway... I think there aren't really enough samples of Aleksi's clean voice.. at least, as far as I know.. A friend of mine said that 'Rebell Yell' had a lot of technical shavings...
    But then again.. 'Somebody's watching me' was also awesome..

I think I would like a clean bodom ballad.. Angels don't kill is a very strong song, and a very good ballad. So they could definately pull it off..

And it would give me a chance to laugh at all the ppl who say that the screaming is only for ppl who can't sing.... :heh:

10. Crimson Moon

Crimson Moon New Metal Member

yo,don't compare CoB with Nightwish,Ok? I don't really follow what the hell are u talking about.

11. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

I think he compared Nightwish vocals to Sinergy vocals. If you were talking to Aleksi.