This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Alexi hospitalized in Nashville

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Aug 9, 2013.

1. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=94432

Children Of Bodom Frontman Alexi Laiho Hospitalized In Nashville, Band Cancels Show

August 8th -- At the sold-out show in Nashville, TN on the tour featuring headliners Children of Bodom and Amon Amarth and support acts Huntress and Battlecross, a shocking last-minute revelation came just before the first set via a member of the Bodom crew: Alexi Laiho has been hospitalized, and the band has decided to cancel the set for the evening. No further details were given.

Refunds were offered to attendees that chose to leave after hearing the news, although the promoter announced that the three other bands would still perform and would play extended sets. At this time, the status of the tour is not known. A follow-up statement from the Children of Bodom camp is expected.

2. Rune

Rune Member

The guy needs to get som sugery for that stomack of his. It is burned out from all the whisky and vodka.
    Let's hope he turns out okay and they get to do the rest of the shows.

3. razor001666

razor001666 been where, done what?

article didnt say that it was his stomack. it could be foodpoisoning dor example..

4. Fastbodom

Fastbodom I Spit on Your Grave

Goddammit Alexi...

After such an hardcore youngster life he is falling apart...

Did he went like emergency or just easy on to the hospital ?
    Hope he will be alright !

5. mutran

mutran Mutran

This happened exactly one year ago, wow...
    He said that stopped the drinking heavily, what could have been this time?

6. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

stay strong alexiiii!!!

7. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

Slightly different report from another source

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/...mpaign=Feed:+Thegauntletcom+(thegauntlet.com)

Children Of Bodom Frontman Rushed To The Hospital; Band Cancels Set

At last night's sold-out show in Nashville, TN, fans were told that headliners Child Of Bodom would not be performing as scheduled. It was revealed that frontman Alexi Laiho was back in the hospital. No reason was given, but Laiho spent a few nights in the hospital last month with severe stomach pains causing him to miss some Mayhem Fest dates.

Refunds were offered to attendees that chose to leave after hearing the news, although the promoter announced that the three other bands would still perform and would play extended sets. At this time, the status of the tour is not known.

No word if tonight's show at Peabody's in Cleveland, OH will feature the band in the lineup.

Haven't heard anything before about Bodom missing any MayhemFest shows because Alexi was unwell. Wonder how accurate that is?

8. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

COB have announced on their facebook page that tonight's show in Cleveland is cancelled

9. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

I hope it is not serious, stay strong Alexi, all the best thoughts!

10. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

http://www.bravewords.com/news/208667

CHILDREN OF BODOM - BraveWords In Cleveland, Alexi Laiho NOT!

Posted on Friday, August 09, 2013 at 17:16:38 EST

By Mark Gromen

As of 4pm EDT, BraveWords had just wrapped up an afternoon, alfresco lunch with CHILDREN OF BODOM / WARMEN mastermind, Janne Wirman. The impromptu meeting was in lieu of the Finns performing at Peabody's in Cleveland, Ohio. Much like the night before, in Nashville, COB had to cancel their one-off headlining gig, due to frontman/guitarist/founder Alexi Laiho's hospitalization.

As previously reported, Laiho remains in a Nashville area hospital, seperated from his bandmates who had to press on, northward, since AMON AMARTH are utilizing the same mixing board. In face-to-face discussions, neither Wirman, nor guitarist Roope Latavala had been apprised of Laiho condition and the band still plan to marshal on to Montreal, the final date of the North American tour (Aug 11th), before returning home. As a result of the medical condition, the Swedes will play a full headlining set in Cleveland.

A complete report will follow.

11. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

It could be spicy food as well, not just alcohol.

I would trade a COB gig for a full headlining set of Amon Amarth, after seeing Bodom 12 times and Amon Amarth none, and they're a great band who I would very much desire to see live...

12. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

Hope all this will end well!

13. (__Joonas__)

There's been pretty many COB headlining concerts cancelled during the years, mainly due to Alexi's health. I think there was only one exception, when Roope was severely hungover. It's gotta be even a worse feeling for Alexi than the crowd when the show has to be cancelled.

Make up for it with a live DVD... If it's a good live DVD, it will boost the ticket sales. If it's bad, it will not. And right now the set is very good - and I'd suspect the band wants to have a live DVD of their best live performances since the old days, when they're old, so they can look back with something better than crappy youtube videos. Here's a list of songs they should play for it:

Deadnight Warrior

Warheart
    Silent Night
    Downfall

Bodom After Midnight
    Children of Decadence
    Everytime I Die

Chokehold
    Angels

Living Dead Beat

Blooddrunk

Shovel Knockout

Halo of Blood
    Scream for Silence
    Transference
    All Twisted

I hope the band takes this suggestion and makes it happen. Remember, lots of fog and good light themes, and instead of Alexi's ego trip use more serious passages with lots of atmospheric horror-samples, some of that stuff's been really good. For an epic live DVD this is very important. Also a very interesting intro; the RRF intro was really nice, as well as that atmospheric techno intro used a year ago. A lot of climax can be created with the order of songs of course - don't rush straight on stage with a cut version of Transference. One suggestion I have is Chokehold for opening track, and finish the song without the last "chokehold till the end... fuck yeaaah" vocals, instead proceed shortly into the next song (maybe Warheart) to create tension. Another excellent option would be Children of Decadence (full song) for opening track, as long as Alexi delivers on the vocal side with ridiculous amounts of malevolent energy.

14. Sany

Sany Member

Someone says he has a dehydration. Possible with much alcohol and that warm weather in US...

15. PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden To ride the storm ...

I would like a confirmation that they would play Heavy MTL tomorrow, they are the main reason why me & my son are going. so 2 tickets total cost of 150$ that thankfully I didn't buy yet but I don't want to spend that money just for 45 minutes of Amon Amarth (the only other band that I would actually pay to see) ...

Cheers !
    PowerMaiden

16. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

Heavy MTL's facebook have just posted that "Children of Bodom confirmed they will be playing tomorrow! Rock on !"

17. PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden To ride the storm ...

awesome news !!!

Cheers !
    PowerMaiden

18. marabello89

marabello89 Member

Good to hear that they'll be able to play that gig! Hopefully it wasn't anything serious with Alexi.

19. sinara79

sinara79 Member

Good news!

20. (__Joonas__)

I doubt it was dehydration. More likely spicy food + ulcer.