This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"All Time Favorite Maiden Album"?

Discussion in 'The Iron Maidens' started by CC007, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CC007

CC007 Member

I'm sure this has been discussed and debated a million times, but I was wondering which I.M. album the fans and The Iron Maidens would say is their ultimate fave and why?.

2. Metallicat180

Metallicat180 Rockstar-In-Training

Checking into the Psycho Motel...Crieff, Scotland
    My ultimate favourite is Killers. I am such a massive fan of the first two albums, I can't explain why. I just love them. Also, that album (and more so the title track) was the one that inspired me to play bass.

3. Red Shirt

Red Shirt Member

For me it's always been Powerslave. But, lately I've been listening to Piece of Mind a lot so for the moment it'd seem it's that. My favorite song still sits in the Killers album, that song being Killers.

4. CC007

CC007 Member

Right on, I'm a Bassist too *high five*. I've gotta say with both Iron Maiden and The Maidens, the key thing that stands out to me...and I really hope people that are not hardcore fans see that the musicianship really is the key. Both bands are FUCKING tight beyond words. I've been playing Bass guitar, classically trained since 13 and was intimidated when I first heard something like "The Trooper" for the first time. I listen and play many styles of music. Look up any YouTube video of The Iron Maidens...and it's like POW...the musicianship is A M A Z I N G. I can't wait to see them next month when they're back in Cali. I've got mad respect for both bands.

As for a favorite Iron Maiden album...I still have a lot exploring to do on that, because a friend made a compilation for me, so I'm trying to learn which tracks are on which albums. "Running Free" stands out to me at the moment as a fave song. "Run To The Hills", and "The Trooper" are another.

5. E.O.G.

E.O.G. Enemy Of God

They recorded lots of great albums throughout their 30+ yrs carreer,but The Number Of The Beast is,and always will be the definitive Iron Maiden album.Perfection on every level. :worship:

6. raider187

raider187 Slave to TIMS

For me, it's still Piece of Mind. I adore this record. Lesser known tracks like Still Life, Sun and Steel, and To Tame a Land are killer.,

7. CC007

CC007 Member

Yeah, that's a feedback I'm getting now from friends of mine that have been long time fans. That "Number" is THE album to have as far what they feel represents the band best. Also that "Piece Of Mind" is a great album on it's own for various reasons. Thank god for YouTube because I can go back to the early stuff and learn how they evolved. It's great :).

Anyone else out there have a fave?, please chime in. I wanna hear from you.

8. hurricanenita

hurricanenita MEGA MURRAY

9. Steph Harris

Steph Harris Maidens' Bass

That is also my favorite. :)

10. CC007

CC007 Member

Right on :). Wanda, I'm coming to see you guys next month for the first time in Long Beach. Can't wait, and I'll be taking notes(I'm a Bassist too *smiles*).

11. Cardinal Sin

Cardinal Sin Member

This is easy: Piece of Mind, Seventh Son, and Killers (in my preference of course)

12. CC007

CC007 Member

Coolness, thank you. Any songs on "Piece Of Mind" stand out to you?

13. Doodoobubbachuck

Doodoobubbachuck Maidens' drums

Ditto that, but add # of the Beast to that list and those are my faves! Clive Burr's energy has a lot to do with it, though I am a huge Nicko fan as well! :err:

14. Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson"

It's a tough choice but ultimately I'd have to go with "Powerslave." That was my introduction to Maiden, so I fell in love with that album first, followed by "Number of the Beast" and Piece of Mind," and all the rest...

15. Swan

Swan Member

Even though I first got into them around NOTB, I imprinted on the "Golden Era" of Powerslave, SIT and SSOASS ... with SSOASS being the pinnacle for me. Although their melodies, rhythms and drums have been inspiring and innovative from the beginning (and currently), SSOASS still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

16. CC007

CC007 Member

Oh wow...alright *lol*...so from the looks of the responses so far...I need to get the following albums...

"Powerslave"
    Thanks Kirsten!!

"Piece Of Mind"

"Number Of The Beast"

That's a good place to start yes?...I almost wish my friend didn't make the compilation for me. I wanna take it all in. *looked up some history" Ahh...now it makes sense, these albums were released back to back :). Then once I get through those, it's...

"Seventh Son"

"Killers"

I'm open to suggestions!!! *lol* ;). I'm loving this discussion, thanks everybody.:headbang:

17. Metallicat180

Metallicat180 Rockstar-In-Training

Checking into the Psycho Motel...Crieff, Scotland
    I would add Brave New World to that list too. What an album that is! I love Out Of The Silent Planet sooooooooooooooooo much!!

18. CC007

CC007 Member

I have A LOT of music to listen to... :)

19. hurricanenita

hurricanenita MEGA MURRAY

Looking back at this thread you mentioned Running Free as one of your faves.. I'm sure you googled it already but that's on the first album along with some other killer songs that we're gonna play at least a couple of in Long Beach next month :D

20. CC007

CC007 Member

I CAN'T WAIT for next month!...I'm kicking myself now, I was doing some freelance editing for The NAMM show this year, and found out you guys were there....ugh...was running around like a headless chicken the whole time, and I missed you at the Roland booth with Courtney; damn. No worries, I'll be ready for Long beach ;)

"Running Free" is one, but now I'm stuck on "The Trooper"(you ladies PWNED that song!!), and "Wasted Years" is another fave which Kirsten mentioned you're doing....bring it on! :)