This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AMARANTHE: Maximalism

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by KingsGene, Aug 11, 2016.

1. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

2. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

AMARANTHE - MORE DATES IN CANADA AND US ADDED TO UPCOMING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

"...Joining us on this trek will be very special guests Failure Anthem, along with special guests Citizen Zero, Cypher 16 and Smash Into Pieces for a full evening's worth of cutting edge metal from both sides of the Atlantic!..."

Tour dates:

February
    10 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
    11 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Bar N’ Grill
    12 - San Antonio, TX - Paper Tiger
    14 - Englewood, CO - Gothic Theatre
    15 - Salt Lake City, UT - In the Venue
    16 - Tempe, AZ - The Marquee
    18 - Las Vegas, NV - Vinyl
    19 - San Francisco, CA - Social halls SF
    20 - Los Angeles, CA - The Belasco Theater
    22 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
    23 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory
    24 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
    26 - Calgary, AB - Marquee Beer Market
    27 - Edmonton, AB - The Starlite Room

March
    1 - Minneapolis, MN - Cabooze
    2 - Arlington Heights, IL - Home Bar
    3 - Ft. Wayne, IN - The Hub
    4 - Pittsburgh, PA - Rex Theater
    5 - Toronto, ON - The Opera House
    7 - Montreal, PQ - Corona Theatre
    8 - New York, NY - Webster Hall – Marlin Room
    9 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Soundstage
    10 - Asbury Park, NJ - House Of Independents
    11 - Reading, PA - Reverb

3. adaher

adaher Member

Wait, Jake is gone? Wow. I see that Chris Adams is replacing him on tour? Jake's an essential part of that songwriting team, I'm not liking this.

4. Finn Mac Cuhal

Finn Mac Cuhal The Lurker in the Dark

Jake's departure can hardly be welcome by most fans and perhaps the band as well. However, when I saw Amaranthe play at the Masq in Atlanta a couple of years back, Jake seemed really bored with it all. He sang well but Jake's expression throught the night was generally disengaged.

I realize no band member has an obligation to mix with the crowd afterward. Perhaps Jake was even feeling poorly as it was right at the end of the tour. It could have been the small crowd (it was Halloween night as well). But every other member of Amaranthe came out after the show except Jake.

I think Jake was been wanting an out for a while and finally took it. Best of luck to him. Berg has had some success with other bands and I expect he will continue to thrive.

Amaranthe will take a hit in the short term but may be revitalized by a new singer who is happy to be there. I am curious and excited to see the band take stage at the festival in 2017.

5. Charlie Dudley

Charlie Dudley So where do we begin and what else can we say?

Anyone know if Chris Adams was the guy who filled in for Jake last time he took some time off? I believe he was off because of a birth of a child. I saw them at the Masquerade (In Hell) on their most recent tour and they had a replacement singer. He was solid but messed up the words on quite a few songs. Hope he's ironed out all the kinks by ProgPower next year.

6. adaher

adaher Member

Having heard most of the album, I love it. Yes, more pop, but also more ideas overall.

7. adaher

adaher Member

Although at this point I wonder if they shouldn't just go straight the "beauty and the beast" style. Elize is the star of this show and she'll probably eclipse any other clean vocalist you put in there with her. Unless they hire Jorn or something.

8. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

9. Charlie Dudley

Charlie Dudley So where do we begin and what else can we say?

That interview makes it sound like he was getting edged out by Elize or in favor of Elize and more poppy sounding music. Interesting to see if he starts his own band and what kind of sound they'll have. It'll also be interesting to see if Amaranthe brings in a third singer or focuses more on the emergence of Elize.

10. Oblivion Ocean

Yea, his feelings kinda mirror mine on the new album. I know there were people out there that never liked them who dismissed the backlash against the new album as "they always sounded super poppy". But the band had a delicate mix of elements and on the newest album, they kinda screwed with the formula too much and in the wrong direction. Their fanbase started in the metal world and reached into pop. So if they did an album where they dipped too much into the metal elements they still would have been safe. but the fact they dipped too much into the pop stuff means potentially alienating their original fanbase

orcslayr23 likes this.
  11. BrandSpragins

BrandSpragins Member

Good fit here

12. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

13. BrandSpragins

BrandSpragins Member

I really like this band BUT I hate the growler. Not needed here. These guys would be one of my favs if not for the growls.

14. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

I've heard here their live performance will bring down the house & so that is what I am hoping for. I'm thinking it takes more talent to perform well on stage, and so these guys must have what it takes. So far I just haven't been able to listen to most of their recorded music for very long because its so pop oriented, and I really have to question where their heads were at recording "That Song". I've never listened to it all the way through & I've tried. "The Nexus" was a decent album & my favorite of theirs.

#98 NorseBlood, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
Tags: