This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amaranthe Mechanical Illusion

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by High Speed Kurt, Mar 1, 2013.

1. orcslayr23

orcslayr23 Member

Agreed haha. I didn't like it the first time I heard it but its weirdness made me keep listening to it and now it's one of my faves on the album.

2. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

If you decide you want to hear some, let me know. I'm happy to provide all the Amaranthe hate the forum requires. :heh:

3. Fizrider

Fizrider Quasi-Old Fart

Yes. I just gave that song a listen from start to finish... and it reminds me of the stuff I danced to while going to clubs in England in the late 80's... except faster.

I think this album pushes out the envelope for Amaranthe a little bit. Not sure if their first effort had a song like "Burn With Me." Mechanical Illusion is a little heavier than their earlier work... yet Electroheart is uber industrial poppy dancy.

Yet every song "sounds" like Amaranthe.

Pardon me - I have to go back to jumping around my office while listening to "Electroheart" - luckily my paralegal and assistant are gone, so no one will see this...

4. bmreviews

bmreviews New Metal Member

True. Sorry for those who like Amaranthe, but in my opinion, all their songs sounds the same, or at least are very similar. :(

5. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

It's my favorite workout album of the year!

6. Justin G

Justin G Member

This is true, but with a band like this it's best not to overthink things. It's fun. Enjoy it.