This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amon Amarth & cameras

Discussion in 'Amon Amarth' started by mike_shodan, Apr 29, 2016.

1. mike_shodan

mike_shodan New Metal Member

Attended the Burlington show the other night. AA were up to their usual standards. Traveled a long long way to get there, did the meet & greet and the whole 9 yards. Just as I was about to settle in to watch the first set, a member of the staff informed me that I wouldn't be allowed to take pictures with my small (accentuate SMALL) camera. Essentially no different than a freaking iPhone in terms of picture taking ability, it definitely is NOT a professional camera by any stretch.

I asked him to double check, as this was the first time I've ever heard such freaking nonsense. No - they told me that this was at the band's request. So folks could click happily away with their iPhones, but my camera had to stay in my pocket. Make sense ? What the ........... ?

It has always been standard practice that small cameras are ok, and I snap a lot because 95% turn out to be crap due to all the jostling. So I guess my BIG concern here is......... did the band mis-communicate to the venue staff, or are the venue staff clueless, or has Amon Amarth turned into Elvis Costello x 5 ?

Has anyone else had this happen to them recently, or was I just the unlucky one ? Is this the new AA policy for all shows ? Because if so - it's a total dick move and shows the utmost disrespect to the fans. I find it hard to believe that, as AA has made a name for themselves on being loyal to their fanbase.

Cheers

2. DamageInc.

DamageInc. Annoying drum nerd

I find it unlikely that it actually came from the Band. I never had any Problems, wether in the audience or in a meet % greet setting, especially when meeting the guys it was always cool to take pics. I have to admit I havent done any of it for quite a while now, so I cant say for sure. If then it probably comes more from managment rather than the band. Sucks no less for you, though.

Tags: