This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amorphis Gigs

Discussion in 'Amorphis (Unofficial)' started by Eurynome, Dec 8, 2012.

1. papajohnny

papajohnny Member

Potential setlist for the Euro tour?
    Predictions?

2. koivusaari

koivusaari Member

I am afraid it's the same as on last EU tour. Hopefully I am wrong.

3. Luoto

Luoto Member

Two songs off Eclipse, but the other one won't be The Smoke. They will want to play some non-staples off that one, be it Two Moons or something else.

Well, they've actually played two shows already... setlist.fm has nothing yet.

4. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

I'm curious about "Mission".

5. papajohnny

papajohnny Member

I'd love to hear it too, as well as Two Moons.
    I don't think the list is bad, looking at Euro tour 2013, but I wouldn't mind swapping Wanderer with something else.

6. Luoto

Luoto Member

7. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

Lazy, unimaginative basrards!:cry:

8. papajohnny

papajohnny Member

So, it's absolutely the same. Well, I can live with that. I wasn't exactly hoping anything miraculous will happen.

I just realized, though - there are no songs from Silent Waters. That's sad.

9. Tiiti

Tiiti Member

I so was hoped they would play a same list than in Finland.
    Unleast the Mission should have been on the list. :(

10. koivusaari

koivusaari Member

Why am I not surprised :puke: Well, I am not going to show, I'll see Hamferd this summer anyway, so it is not that big deal missing the show.

I'm getting sick of that shit, I think I'm done with Amo shows for a while.

11. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

Sometimes I just ask myself why am I still going to their gigs...

12. Eurynome

Eurynome Kukkahattutäti

I've stopped asking myself that, but it's true that I'm no longer going out of my way to see their shows. I didn't even go to Turku last month, although the Turku bus runs right past my house and I haven't missed an Amo club gig there since 2007. Also, I used to travel to up to four shows abroad almost every year since TJ joined the band because they would play material there that they didn't do on the Finnish tours - "My Sun", for example - but this time I'm glad I decided to stay home, and it was NOT just my wallet or the lack of a catsitter that decided for me. :p On the other hand, I still feel excited when they're on stage and I'm in the front row, so that obviously answers the question. A certain change of attitude has helped, too: I no longer expect anything special but just go there to party - free your mind and your ass will follow... - and consider the rare surprise here and there as an added bonus. There's subutex for junkies and nicorette for smokers, but I still haven't found a substitute for my addiction. Gotta live with the fact that I'm unable to simply stop loving this band. Believe me, I've tried.

13. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

Yeah, well... Nicorette doesn't help much. It helps for the physical addiction, sure it does, but it doesn't help for the mental addiction. - Trust me, I tried.
    I guess a change in attitude does help, though. A case in point is my tenth Amo gig - you were there, somewhere up front in that massive sports hall in Sofia, while I was just getting drunk and rocking out in the back. I don't remember much of that gig, frankly - I was having such a good time. Some friends noted that I was having so much fun, that it seemed it was my first Amo gig. So I guess I should just apply the same SOP the day after tomorrow. - I might not remember much, but it's gonna be serious fun.
    Still, I want Mission. Maybe I should use my connections and get an audience with Esa before the gig... Or maybe I won't bother. We'll see. But one thing is certain - I won't be going out of my way for that. The mere fact that I ask myself the question why I still go to their gigs, says a lot. Besides, I cherish my peace of mind a lot more these days.
    Maybe I should not let my high expectations ruin it for me and go along for the ride, whatever it brings.

14. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

That was beyond awesome. I enjoyed myself so much...
    More - tomorrow. I'm just too emotionally and physically drained right now to be coherent.

15. papajohnny

papajohnny Member

I understand you weren't drunk this time :p

Just kidding.

Hopefully, I'll have a similar experience tomorrow.

16. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

No, I wasn't as I was supposed to write a review. Nevertheless, it was wonderful and uplifting.
    Here's the setlist - same as in Budapest and probably same in Belgrade. Esa didn't listen to my pleas earlier in the day for Mission.

But, f*ck it, I mean I've seen them 12 times now and from the comfort of home can complain about setlists and "I wanna hear this, I wanna hear that." Truth is, I still get the goosebumps, the joy, excitement and ecstasy from seeing my facourite band live. Every now and again one needs the in-the-flesh reminder of why they keep on going to gigs of the same band over and over again.
    When they hit the stage, I forget what I want to hear and just enjoy every minute of it, just like I did last night. Besides the fact that I was in my country, where the audience tends to be a lot louder and wilder than the one in Finland, and nobody gave me the odd look when I was screaming, singing and jumping up and down for joy. Just because everybody around me was doing the same.

17. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

Glad you had an awesome time and that the crowd was lively. Would love to see the guys again at someplace smaller in LA with a better crowd.

18. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

BTW, Hamferð rock!:kickass:

19. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

Here's my English version of the review. Don't know when it's gonna be published, so I'll just paste it here for you to read.

20. Luoto

Luoto Member

Just a heads-up to try and get that fixed for the published version ;) Otherwise it's a well written report!