This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anathema: I'm thrilled beyond words...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Harvester, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

The new era of Anathema reaches me on a level that only a few others do (Oliva). The lyrics just bring out a raw emotion in me that is indescribable. Their music is hauntingly powerful, and mesmerizing. To say that I'm excited for this band above all others next year is the understatement of the year.

#1 Harvester, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

I only have Judgement, which others are saying is a bit off from their current sound. I'm guessing Distant Satellites should be checked out immediately?

3. AeonicSlumber

The new album is one of the best things this year, so if anyone needs a starting point, that's a fine place imo. So good.

4. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

I actually prefer the new era in this order:

1. Weather Systems (The video clip is from this)
    2. We're Here Because We're Here
    3. Distant Satellites

You cannot go wrong with any of them. However, Distant Satellites may throw you a bit towards the end as they incorporate a bit of electronica.

5. TychoCelchu

TychoCelchu Member

This band started off great and has only become more brilliant with time. They were always ahead of the curve, even in their early days. At this point they are on the verge of transcending out of the human plane of existence. We are going to feel like we're floating in air by the end of their set.

6. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

I can live with a certain amount of electronica...I listen to a lot of djent, after all.

Will try to check them out today.

7. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

It's going to be the most beautiful moment in the history of this festival. Can't wait.

8. AeonicSlumber

Even if you couldn't though, the first half of the record is jaw dropping without even having to listen to the second half.

9. esa

esa Member

Yes, and the preceding release Weather Systems.

They have an excellent Blu-Ray as well, shot at a small Roman amphitheater in Bulgaria with an Orchestra: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Blu-ray-Anathema/dp/B00DG86ARK[/ame]

Lots of footage from it on YouTube.

10. caex

caex Member

Anathema is going to be the highlight of the fest next year, and is my most anticipated band.

11. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

Cannot wait. Didn't care what rest of bill was once I saw them on the bill. Been waiting to see them for years. Thanks!

12. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

the sound they have now was definitely starting to creep out on Judgement, so the new stuff shouldn't be too shocking. I mean "Deep" could be on the new album.

13. DADRocks

DADRocks Member

Wow, I take it Weather Systems jumped up for you huh? If I remember right, didn't that kinda bore you when you 1st heard it? Just asking. I don't know what it is about these guys, but their stuff just does it for me. I'm loving their last few cds as well. Really looking forward to these guys.

14. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Simple case of wrong frame of mind when I first heard it. It happens on a lot of discs. It can take as little as 1 more listen or a few before a new world opens up for me.

15. templeofmax

templeofmax Member

I have been following this band since the awesome Silent Enigma, before they became more famous, hinting at what was to come!! Saw them opening for HIM a few months ago! Great stuff, but too short of a setlist and the stage was small. Sooo looking forward to them
    Playing a headliner set!!!

16. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Weather Systems is a masterpiece. The way this band projects mood and emotion is just mind blowing. Can't wait to feel it in a live setting.

17. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

I recently picked up "We're Here..." and I'll definitely put Weather Systems above it. Not that it is a bad album, but the latter is just so damn good.

I also might go back an album to "A Natural Disaster", which was my first Anathema album and definitely was the start into this direction for them. The title track always gets me.

#17 TheLongshot, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  18. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

I'm sitting here with my Weather Systems CD in front of me as I type this. I'm fairly new to this band as I've only been exploring them for the last year or so. It surprised me to see them announced! I'm going to toss this back in today to revisit it. The song that you have above and on the announcement video is killer! :kickass:

~Brian~

19. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

So looking forward to this. I was shocked that you were able to get them, and then fully stoked when you announced they were going to be the Gold Badge acoustic show. :danceboy: Very worthy of headliner status IMHO, although there may be a lot of power metal fans sleeping in the seats.

20. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

I'm not worried about that in the least. I'd point out that several said the place would empty out for Pain of Salvation's set and it remained completely packed. Riverside's first trip here was met with one of the best reactions of that year as well.