This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

And Garm Said, “Let there be Dark,” and There Was Dark; and It Was Good

Discussion in 'Ulver' started by Furious B, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Furious B

Furious B Member

So, does anyone know exactly what the great Trickster uses to create the beautiful dark that we all enjoy? I’ve been wondering what instrument (certain type of keyboard perhaps?) to conceive such great sounds. Oh, and I’m referring to Perdition City and everything after (especially Lyckantropen Themes because it is magnificent). If anyone could tell me what is being used, it would be muchly appreciated.

2. IanDork107

IanDork107 I wrote a book! Buy it!

Hate to break it to you, but he's using his penis and a microphone.

3. Erik

Erik New Metal Member

I'd say an array of various really expensive synthesizers, computers and effect boxes, excepting saxophones, pianos, guitars etc of course... It's not like there's a single "Instant Ulver, just add water" device...

4. Furious B

Furious B Member

:lol: You sick bastard!

I know that, but I was simply inquiring about what type of equipment (and meticulous descriptions) Ulver use. That’s all.

5. daisyboy

daisyboy New Metal Member

6. NFU

NFU I like pie.

cool clip and pics....but you said they talk about kveldssanger....i didnt hear anything about that...just the silence EPs.

7. Verago

Verago Member

Obviously they put in a new sample, cool. I´m sure they told about Kveldssanger some weeks ago. :)

8. Ulverytteren

Ulverytteren svenskjävel

So...what did they say about it, those of you who've heard it?

9. daisyboy

daisyboy New Metal Member

Seems that the video files are on rotation, and that the Kveldssanger file was recently removed. Anyway, here is a transcription of what is said during the short clip:

The clip opens with a shot of the CD cover and the text "Kveldsfanger '95" beneath. Note the spelling.
    Garm: "I'm not sure what the popular term would be. But I guess it would fall into the, you know, the new wave, kind of, amateurish neo-classical genre. I think that had something to do with, you know, just wanting to explore a certain esthetic that was, that was incorporated into the black metal format. So, so, so at that time, I don't think the grand, kind of, metamorphosis that happened later was, kind of, you know, that wasn't envisioned at that time."

Btw, someone was requesting Synen in another thread. I can't help with that one. The site ulver.cjb.net used to have it, but the link is now dead. In stead, those of you still missing Vargnatt, can download it from here (lower right corner of the page):
    http://www.evade.info/mp3/
    There's also an mp3 of a Vargnatt rehearsal (rather low quality). Might be some other interesting stuff as well. (I'm not in any way affiliated with this site.)