This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

And your replacement band is....

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Harvester, Aug 9, 2015.

1. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Game, Set, Match Justin.

2. Yippee38

Yippee38 Living the dream!

I laughed.

3. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Let's return the focus to the topic at hand please.

Thanks.

4. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Member

Oh come on man, that's the first post in 5 years on any forum where he didn't mention something about models totally unrelated to the topic of the post and then you had to go spoil it!

5. Justin G

Justin G Member

My bad: :saint:

So I gave the two clips a listen and am not loving it (though with those lyrics you'd think I would). I'll give them a fair chance to win me over next month though. If nothing else they ought to have a high-energy set.

6. nailz

nailz Member

I just spit luke warm green tea out my nose.

7. nailz

nailz Member

They're on spotify, I'd recommend giving the CD a run through before writing them off. That first clip was just not my cup of tea, but removing the video and listening to it as part of the CD really changed my opinion. The second song however was what made me listen to the CD in the first place.

8. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

Courtyard be there! I got a dollar! :Smokedev:

9. Prog_Muse

Prog_Muse Ëana Novía

Her voice is great. We will see if she can pull it off live. A female Midnight, though? LOL. LOL, I say. Not even a little bit. I will say, however, as both a connoisseur of teh tr00 metals AND someone with a seething, roiling, soul-consuming abject hatred for Disney metal's corseted, velvet-sleeved, doe-eyed popera singers... This chick can wail. I am pleased. Will be watching for sure. Eh, the music and the lyrical content are pretty unoriginal and campy, but it looks like this band is packin' a tight kit overall.

Also, whoever mentioned Crimson Glory, there will never be a female vocalist. Even if the band decided to try AGAIN (which won't ever happen), Jeff and Dana would rather sandpaper an alligator's ass in a crowded phone booth than even entertain the idea. Verily did I guffaw.

Back on topic, though, I am interested and glad to be in the audience for this one, as I had planned to sit Persefone out. Way to go, Glenn!

10. SeaStorm

SeaStorm Member

She was great live when I saw them on their 2012 tour, so I'd expect people to be pleased. My lasting memory from that show is when she announced they'd be doing a Maiden cover and I was expecting the standard Two Minutes to Midnight or Aces High or something like that, and then they launched into Out Of The Silent Planet. Brilliant!

Here's their pre-Napalm-signing videos (so the video quality is not as stellar, but the songs are amazing):

#70 SeaStorm, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  11. The Colorado Kid

This could be an interesting replacement. It will be fun to watch them in a live setting, on a killer stage in front of over 1,000 crazy metal heads.

12. Scott B

Scott B Member

Ok. Soooooo....have all the bands required to have visas have them at this point, or at least made it through the immigration labyrinth from hell?

13. MysticX9

MysticX9 Member

Yeah finally getting a chance to hear them, sounds great to me, kinda like early Doro and Chastain, I won't miss their set!!!

Cheers Glenn, I don't know how you do it but now the festival is at least as good as it was with the first lineup, no offense to the originally scheduled bands but all those you've put in there as "replacements" are incredible, rock!!!!!!!!!!

14. Bryant

Bryant Mr. Sleepy

Great job Glenn !! I am not familiar with this band, but really dig the second video of them.

15. Debbie Schnell

Debbie Schnell Supreme Goddess

👏🏻👏🏼😆😂😝👍🏼👍🏻

16. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

The scorecard is, to me...even

Anubis Gate replaced by Native Construct is a lateral move
    Morgana Lefay replaced by JSS is a slight downgrade
    Persefone replaced by Unleash The Archers is a big upgrade

Glenn working tirelessly to keep the fest up and running as well as he does is a huge bonus!
    How many guys would just say, "Fuck it, theres still 11,10, 9 bands!"

Glenn brings his "A" game every year! Glenn you are the main headliner every year and you knock it out of the park every fucking show! Thanks for that!