This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anders Nystrom

Discussion in 'Daylight Dies' started by songless, Dec 25, 2002.

1. songless

songless Member

Why he is in the 'no reply' thanks list ? Only curiosity...

2. jesse

jesse living, breathing

He has been a good friend of mine for many many years, and offered his expert advice on guitar tones and settings when we were recording the album. So he is listed just as other friends are as well..

3. Blakkheim

Blakkheim In the Still of the Night

Bottomline is that Daylight Dies proved to be a Kikkin' band, u know.
    Check out their music, its well thought out dramatic interesting shit going on, no fukking cheeze crap i tell u. I hear finesse.
    With 'No Reply' they proved themselves to be right up there at the top of todays scene of melodic dark metal, and if they perfect their next offering with a pro azzed production and incorporate some chilling clean vocals, what more could u be asking for, seriously?

4. Hyperfast_Illumination

I couldn't agree more, perhaps thats why this disc hasn't left my player for a few months. Easily the best release of the year, for me anyways.

5. Sam_Seed

Sam_Seed Drunken Master

Yeah, and why is Trent and Chuck Giardino listed as well? Were they the ones who really wrote the album? J/K ;)

6. Cousin Larry

Cousin Larry New Metal Member

7. songless

songless Member

It seems to be that you are the Katatonia webmaster,if I am not mistaken ( nice page, by the way ) . And I already see that talents have visited the forum; Anders and Jonas from Katatonia and Eric from Novembers Doom. Good friendships you have, man !

About the commentary of Anders, I agree with the production, but the clean vocals...
    I wouldn't like that your next album ( there will be next album, yes ? ) sounds like the last Rapture. Perhaps I would suggest to use something plus the keyboards and that the songs were not so long, but definitively 'No Reply' is a great debut

8. GravelessSoul

GravelessSoul Jhva Elohim Meth

As for the new vocals, I'm all for it...as long as they're done RIGHT! But keyboards? I'm not so sure about that. Some bands go overboard with them and that can lead to a stale album...

Maybe Jonas Renkse can add his talents to a few songs on the new album? :)

9. the-lull

the-lull discouraged one

I'd like to hear more clean vocals too, but wouldn't like to hear only this kind of vocals. I like the way clean choirs appear in "Everything that belongs", really add some atmosphere to the following riff...

By the way, who sings on that part Jesse?

10. egan.

egan. daylightdies.com

guthrie sings that part.

11. jesse

jesse living, breathing

Yeah Guthrie was the one who sang that clean bit. I also think Everything that Belongs is a strong song, I guess it would be one of my favorites on the album. We were going to get more clean vocals on the album, but didn't end up having enough time at the end of the recording process to do them properly. This album was recorded pretty unorthodox, so we didn't have the flexibility to change I wish we did... but we will certainly shoot for at least a few more clean vocal parts on the next release.

12. Cows on million man march

well inserted clean vocals i would think have a bright spot in DD's music, (think opeth).

13. Sam_Seed

Sam_Seed Drunken Master

Listen to the difference in the quality of the material from Idle to No Reply. If this is any sign as to what is to come from Daylight Dies' followup album, you know its going to kick some serious ass! I agree though...more clean vocals would be nice!