This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anette Olzon

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by edgeofthorns, Jun 13, 2014.

1. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

Hopefully, this won't turn into an Anette vs Tarja thread, but I think Anette's new solo effort is fantastic! Her vocal part beginning at 2:10 is phenominal!

~Brian~

#1 edgeofthorns, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

3. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

I really like Anette's voice a lot....I liked her with Nightwish and enjoyed her Alyson Avenue stuff quite a bit, but her new cd (except for a couple of songs) really disappointed me. She sounds great, but for me, the songs just aren't there. I was hoping for something a little more upbeat, but most of the songs are slow paced and a little too boring for my taste. Maybe the pace will pick up with her next outing?

4. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

Longshot, I've slept since February.

I think the songs fit her personal style. I liked her with Nightwish as well, but she didn't really fit in with the band. I'm just glad she didn't try to put out a solo album trying to duplicate Nightwish or any type of metal to be honest. This style of music fits her and she sounds in her zone vocally here.

~Brian~

5. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

I agree that it was a good idea for her not to try to sound like Nightwish...I was just hoping for something closer to her Alyson Avenue stuff.

6. LarryD

LarryD Member

+1 on this. Wasn't going to start thread on this as I've been catching crap from everyone I say this to ( you know who you are :lol:), but you are right, this disc captures what her voice is all about, and in the end, it is a great disc "for her".... extremely well done, and the wife loves it. I'm happy. :lol:

7. Hammerlock

Hammerlock Member

Pretty much what he said. I'm not hating on Annette's voice, but the songs just bore me to tears.