This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Angel Of Retribution.

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Paxoman, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

A 160,000? Surely that can't be right?! If that is the right figure I am VERY VERY surprised! I would have expected AOR to sell more than that in the UK, let alone in America!

As for the Saxon dvd. Without doubt get Chronicles. Everything about this dvd is brilliant, from the packaging to the actual content of the dvd. It is a 10 out of 10 dvd.

2. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Prolly 160.000 million, yeah, that seems about right like given my drunken state...actually prolly a few hundred thousand more...

3. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

I take it you had a good night then mate? :lol:

4. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

I did indeed mate cheers! Hope you had a good one as well!

I dont remember posting here last night lol!

5. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Well you certainly did have a great night then if you can't even remember posting on here! :lol:

Yeah had a good night as well thanks.

6. Golden_Goose

Golden_Goose Member

Rhett was shot and killed in 92 I think?

He was my fav.

Riot did open for Saxon in 81 and I checked and the Glenn Falls show was April 12th.

7. spaster

spaster Member

Goose,thanks for the info on that Saxon,Riot show.Damn, 25 years ago,seems like yesterday the place was packed and rockin.My dad took me to Saratoga in the late sixties to see bands like Blood Sweat and Tears,and The Guess Who.Must be in my blood.In 2005 alone I saw UFO,Derringer,Mountain,BOC,Krokus,Priest,The Outlaws,Wishbone Ash,and unfortunately,Anthrax.2006 has started with the cancelled Schenker show,hopefully Saxon and a few others will make their way over this year.

8. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

I listened to an mp3 from that album "deal with the devil" (?) I love that song. What I like about the recording is that the guitars are very good to hear.. In this song 18 sec til 22 sec the guitars hear as if they are in front or above the rest of the song.. I wished saxon had done the same with the guitarsound on for example 'to live by the sword" Lionheart

See http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179882

To live by the Sword

What a nice intro digidigidigidigidigidigi .. AH.AH .. digidigidigidigi .. AH .. digidigidigidigi ..AH AH ..! like it and what a very good, clear, high, voice has Biff here..he plays with his voice a lot, fantastic . Heavy and quick –song I appreciate those little guitar riff-tunes on the left box on my earphone 39 sec.. 45 sec 48sec (second strofe) the same riff tunes as in the last strophe (the samuraispirit til seal) 3.12 sec 3.14 sec and 3.17 min it gives that dramatic atmosphere to it.. but as I said only when I hear it on Walkman ..on my big boxes you slightly hear it… the solo 2.17 min til 2.45 min makes me think of the band Paradise Lost again..not a solo that sticks on my C-driv in the head..but it suits to this song. It’s a song that immediately gets my attention, after once playing it already..it has tempo, etc.

This is what I mean! those little riffs, or whatever the technical name is..

9. Redman

Redman Broken Villain

I'm not sure, but are they called licks? Not really important thing to know, but who knows? :D

10. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

Imagine a female in the audience after a gig saying to the guitarplayer: "I liked your licks very much!" :D What would she mean?

11. spaster

spaster Member

Good news for RIOT fans,shows feb 17 the Chance in Poughkeepsie NY and feb 18 Double ds in NJ,also some shows listed in Europe.Check their website.Steve