This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another Annihilator line up change

Discussion in 'RC' started by Weapon X, May 22, 2003.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X Raised to be Lowered

Taken from the Official Annihilator Website http://www.annihilatormetal.com

Dave Padden is the ex-guatarist for The Theory of a Deadman. How good I don't know. I know nothing about him or official reason why they split, just what's given. Nor do I find the reason important.

You can change the rythme guatarist, the bassist, the drummer, but the lead singer is always a doggy move. My hope is that Dave is just as good if not better. For those who get to go to Wacken or Bang Your Head will get to see the new singer for the first time.

2. JayKeeley

JayKeeley Be still, O wand'rer!

What happened to Annhilator after Never Neverland? I mean, why did they go downhill so? Can it be blamed on drugs or something?

3. Weapon X

There are many many many reasons so I'll list what I think

• Never Neverland finished Roadrunner wanted them to go the Pantera/Sepultura route, instead they went more soft/melodolic, they were dropped from the label
    • Metal virtually disappeared in North America
    • Both singers dropped (not fully Jeffs fault) one was a drunk the other wasn't allowed outta the country due to criminal record
    • Jeff started singing after STWOF, and his voice isn't that great
    • Band members change frequently, mostly on decent terms. Jeff was a real pain in the ass in his younger more drunker years
    • Criteria for a Black Widow was Annihilators come back album that did well, but would be the last album with Randy Rampage, due to Randy crashing the tour bus in a drunken rage
    • Joe came on and did 2 solid studio and 1 live album, widely accepted and best singer to date
    • Joe has now left and Dave is taking over for how long I wonder
    There is your history lesson for today. I hope I answered your question :D

4. Papa Josh

Papa Josh Minister of Propaganda

I have their whole catalog, except for the new live one.. an interesting history they have..

The first two are bonafide thrash classics.

5. JayKeeley

JayKeeley Be still, O wand'rer!

What an idiot Randy is. What was he doing before Jeff called him back in? And what the hell is up with that bleached frizzled hair with three inch black roots? I assume he never ventured outside for 10 years.

Can I raise my hopes for Waking the Fury? I've not heard it - but I'm tired of being disappointed by a band I used to idolize. If I could ever play the guitar solo to Stonewall note-for-note, I'd give up happy.

6. Papa Josh

Papa Josh Minister of Propaganda

I like Waking The Fury. It has an interesting guitar tone for Jeff Waters.. Curran Murphy is an excellent guitarist though. As always, there's a few duds on there, but that's the case with every Annihilator album.

7. Weapon X

Well he was the lead singer for DOA and work in the shipping docks

I really dig Waking the Fury, BUT some ppl were disappointed as the guitars are distorted, not clear like the last many. So I would download some songs before buying.

On the Official site there are Tabs to all the albums. Not all solo's tho!