This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another Swanö produced Torture Division tune available!

Discussion in 'Dan Swanö' started by Lord K, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Lord K

Lord K Busy pissing on you

And this time it's a fucken cover, ladies and germs. The title of the topic is misleading though... Dan's mixed it. We have no idea who fucken produced it. Like you care... Anyways..

You wanna know what Mastodon really should sound like, huh? We thought so, and that’s why we have decided to record a cover of their tune “Iron tusk”. Why this particular song? None of us listens to Mastodon, you know. Well, to make a long story short; this cover was meant to end up on a compilation CD (spanning over albums from the 1990′s to 2011, and we all know Mastodon’s a quality act that people obviously dig, recording a tune by them would give us major exposure to further dominate the world… ehum…), that eventually never saw the light of day – meaning we now give it to you becoz we are absolutely amazing. This is how we would have made this song, had we written it in the first place. But we didn’t, we just thought it would be nice to Mastodon to make a proper tune out of it. Kidding, kidding… Mastodon’s cool. They are no Torture Division, but hey – can’t win them all.

Hope you guys enjoy it – we sure did when we recorded it. Thanx to hero/legend/friend Dan Swanö för another amazing production courtesy of www.unisound.se.

Click this shit to be amazed.

In related news: as reported earlier, our latest demo “Through the eyes of a dead” (again masterfully mixed by Mr. D) will be available at www.torturedivision.net in a few weeks. You can prolly find it on the Internet already – which of course is fine by us. We exist to give you guys free music. Show your appreciation by donating a dollar or 2 so we can continue to do this.

Now you can go back to go fuck yourselves/be lovable.

2. Uninvited Guest

Good choice of song to cover, Mastodon rocks. Death-Metallizing this song works really well too, good job.

3. Lord K

Yeah, we nailed that fucken thing.

4. cenzu

cenzu Ain't that a bitch.

In all honesty, I don't care much for the tune.

just goes to show you even the best fucking Death Metal band can't make it shine.

5. Naglfar

Naglfar As Naglfar devours us all

The United States of Canada (not Jesusland)
    I was going to say something of the sort. I just re-imagined it as a Torture Division song, kind of like Thor is no longer a Manowar song to me because the Therion version is so fucken more amazing.

6. Light

Light Up The World

Can't listen yet, cans faulty and MOTHER would GET SCARED. Who sings on it?

7. Earthbound

Earthbound Trust No One

I find that happens a lot with Manowars songs. Just look at how EoS took Blood of My Enemies and completely destroyed the original. :worship:

8. Stilgar

Stilgar Berzerker

Agreed!

9. Lefthander

Lefthander Ethno freak

nice!:) mix have the balls:)

10. Lord K

Leif Edling. Always.

And that's how you do a cover song in my opinion. Make it your own or do not bother with it.

11. Light

Light Up The World

12. Light

Light Up The World

Same goes for Dan, you FUCKING RULE. In fact I have a hard time deciding who rules harder than you or Kecko ;)

13. Naglfar

Naglfar As Naglfar devours us all

The United States of Canada (not Jesusland)
    Yeah. I just meant the original was not that notable, and you took a non-notable song and made it rock. Thus the Thor Manowar-Therion comparison.

But sometimes you get a good cover of a good song that gets, as you say, reinvented. Dark Tranquility did a cover of Sentenced's Broken, and while I like the original "better," I do quite like the cover because it's so different. And pretty rockin'.

Not that you guys do pop metal (I guess that's what I'd venture to label Sentenced). Still, enjoyed the cover a lot, even though I was never a fan of the band that made the original.

14. Lord K

We are no fans of Mastodon either, but that tune is obviously a great one. Even more so with our version, haha...

Light: No. I do not have Facebook.

15. Light

Light Up The World

You should, there's too many inferior creatures imitating you. SEEK AND DESTROY.... UTTERLY!