This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to the Madhouse

Want to help spread the disease my friend? Sign up today!

ANTHRAX's Scott Ian: "Joey's Fired Again"

Discussion in 'Anthrax' started by LuvataciousSkull, Apr 1, 2006.

1. jamesr7790

jamesr7790 Member

Soooo dumb.

2. scooterville

scooterville \m/ non-basher member \m/

I know it's all Anthrax songs, but to me it's the same as I don't wanna hear Dave Lee Roth doing 'Pound Cake' or Sammy doin' 'Hot for Teacher'. That's all I'm saying. Nothin' against any of the vocalist. It's just my opinion which doesn't mean anything to anyone else. :D

3. kirkland

kirkland Member

That would be quite funny if Van Halen toured and did 1/2 of Sammy Hagar's songs. I am sure the Van Halen fans are almost like Anthrax.

There are probably those small minority of idiotic fans saying that the tour with DLR was a mistake, and a bunch of people started putting 'bring back Hagar' on their forum avatars.

They also probably argue that the Sammy era was equally as successful and just as popular as the DRL era. And think the fans really want to hear the Hagar era songs just as much as the DLR era songs. Or think they should have DLR do half a set and then have Sammy come out and do the other half.

They also probably think even with DLR back they should still play 1/2 the Hagar era Van Halen songs.

Then if DLR decides to sing "Right Now" and it doesn't sound exactly the same as Hagar or he uses a different word in the song they will say how DLR sucks and they should bring back Hagar.

Then again there were actually some pretty good songs done with Sammy. His new album Chickenfoot III is really good

4. Stompmosher

Stompmosher Member

You make a good point, but most of it is relevant to the Reunion tour. That vibe was all about the old stuff. Considering the amount of "old schoolers" that Anthrax apparently burnt, them my theory on audience percentages stands. It stands to reason that you may not have met any Bush Thrax fans at gigs, considering you stance on that era, I don't think you'd be seeking them out somehow. At least when I go to gigs, I go to enjoy the show, I don't go asking who likes what singer/era. It's about Anthrax as a Whole, not about who's singning. I'm not ignoring the fact that the Joey era is more popular, just saying that there is still great stuff from th Bush era being left out, and Joey proved he can sing that way. Look at the bigger picture.

5. Stompmosher

Stompmosher Member

Exactly Bro!

6. resumurofnikufesin

I think Anthrax should play "Right Now" with Joey singing.

7. kirkland

kirkland Member

Yes exactly, according to you and about 10 people on this forum and maybe AT BEST 10 percent of Anthrax fans. The other 90 percent never wants to hear that era's music ever again.... Maybe one day there will be a huge announcement that a John Bush era reunion tour is going to happen. They can play the entire John Bush era catalog and maybe get 100 people per show!

8. Stompmosher

Stompmosher Member

There is no reasoning with you is there. I tried to be reasonable. I never wanted a Bush era setlist, just balance. I don't think you understood my post at all. You have a good way of twisting it to suit you case. I'm a fan of both eras, simple as that. You only view your limited viewpoint.

9. aliasp

aliasp Old School since '86

@Kirkland Where do you get a figure like 10%. That's bullshit. I have a LOT of friends who are Anthrax fans locally in Australia and abroad and the majority of us like both eras. To say AT BEST is a bit rich. No denying that the Joey era was the more popular but Metallica aside most metal bands popularity went into decline during the early 90s. I don't attribute Anthrax's reduction in popularity to the absence of Joey (it was a factor) but more to do with the simple fact that Grunge took over.

10. Stompmosher

Stompmosher Member

:worship:

11. Anthrax_Mosher

Anthrax_Mosher True Fan

Whatever happend to Luvatacious Skull?

12. AlexStomp

AlexStomp Member

Im happy with the setlist as it stands. However, I would love to see more gem obscure songs such as one man stands, now it's dark, gung ho, etc. Ticket prices are going up especially with all these VIP packages and such. I think it's only fair to suggest a longer than 90 minute set list. I remember when stomp 442 came out, it seemed like they played half that album at the show I went to. They played random, fueled, shotgun and in a zone. So I wouldnt mind a good chunk of their setlist being worship music.

I miss imf09. Because I won't get a response about how much stomp sucked. I love the whole FK'N LP except bare.

13. Anthrax_Mosher

Anthrax_Mosher True Fan

I like WCFYA and some of Volume 8. Stomp is the worst album they ever made. I couldnt even believe how bad that particular album was when I listened to it.

14. AlexStomp

AlexStomp Member

It's their take on pantera. It's so obvious. Dimebag even plays on it. Dropped D# tuning on almost every song. I know they started dropped d way before that but not on almost every track.

15. Anthrax_Mosher

Anthrax_Mosher True Fan

I think from 1992-2005 Scott wanted Anthrax to be Pantera.

Just how I see it.

16. aliasp

aliasp Old School since '86

Vol 8 defo sounds like Pantera. Always felt that from the first listen.

17. Thrashard

Thrashard Whistler's father

and from 1981-1991 Scott wanted Anthrax to be Metallica:lol:

18. the Medication

No ways, V. 8 is the worst fuckin Anthrax album by a mile.

19. the Medication

Or it's like going to see Metallica and the set is something like

Until it Sleeps (replete with make up)
    Slither
    Cure
    Better Than You
    Hero of the Day
    Ronnie
    Unforgiven II/Unforgiven III
    Mama Said
    Poor Twisted Me
    Tuesday's Gone
    Low Man's Lyric
    Bad Seed
    Whiskey in the Jar
    Carpe Diem Baby
    Nothing Else Matters

20. AlexStomp

AlexStomp Member

I've been to countless of Metallica shows. Never one with this shitty of a set list. I remember seeing them in va beach sometime in the late 2000's. Man, I drove home back to DC pissed. It was one of the shittiest Metallica set lists. I wrote them off. They finally redeemed themselves a couple of weeks ago when they played orion, master of puppets and one at big four yankee stadium.