This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANUBIS GATE: Covered In Colours

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by KingsGene, May 8, 2020.

1. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

From the Anubis Gate website:

"....After recording the dark and introspective album “Covered in Black” the band needed a counterweight album, so they decided to release an album of tracks they were greatly inspired by in their youth, careers and by contemporaries…

They believe it’s a cover album like no other cover album you’ve ever heard!

So here’s a little Q & A from their own minds.

Is this an essential Anubis Gate Album? YES! “Though it didn’t feel like it when we first started the project, it became essential when it became clear that this was not just a couple of songs, but a full-blown album project in its own right”.

But why? “Because we trust the process to deliver the answers. After going through the therapy that Covered in Black was, a wave of productivity came over us. And a couple of songs meant as B-sides for future singles became an E.P. But then the project became a runaway train and it ended up being the longest album we’ve ever done”.

Are you serious? “Of course we are, recording and rearranging those songs was seriously fun, but also funnily serious”!

Did you really need to spend time and energy on this project? “Yes. It would be safe to say that without this album the next one would not happen”.

TRACKLIST

Starters :

1. Still life in Mobile Homes (by Japan)
    2. Red (by King Crimson)
    3. Plantage (by Under Byen)

The Jazz-Metal Lounge:

4. Experiment (by Voivod)
    5. Chromazone (by Mike Stern)
    6. Glamour Profession (by Steely Dan)

The beautiful ones:

7. Entangled (by Genesis)
    8. Atlas (by Coldplay)

The eighties corner:

9. To France (by Mike Oldfield)
    10. Fade to Grey (by Visage)
    11. S.A.T.O. (by Ozzy Osbourne)

No, they didn’t… :

12. Aggressive Perfector (by Slayer)
    13. Back in Black (by AC/DC)
    14. Strawberry Fields Forever (by The Beatles)

[​IMG]

Video for “Strawberry Fields Forever” released

2. engmtlhd

engmtlhd Member

Not sure how I feel about this one...

3. 5150

5150 Member

Interesting version but not sure it does much for me. Of course, I am not a cover band fan unless the artist REALLY changes it and makes it their own.

4. MeTuLHeD

MeTuLHeD A Member To Remember

*yawn*

Covers.

As brilliant as I think this band is, I just can't get stoked about a covers disc.

Tags: