This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any Obituary fans? I recreate the exact amp/pedal and the secret of the sound.

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Tockusa, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Tockusa

Tockusa New Metal Member

It took me ages to suss out. But I think I got close in the end. Needs tape and the compression of EMG's IMO. After a short intro and the music, I go into the gear, but forgot to mention tone knob must be at 20%. I mention at the end but the vid is long.

H.P. Lovecraft likes this.
  2. Pxz

Pxz Member

Great video man , i watched a couple other videos in your channel , interesting stuff. Thanks !

Tockusa likes this.
  3. Tockusa

Tockusa New Metal Member

Thanks. I do the same for Exodus, Metallica, Alice In Chains, INXS, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Beatles etc but this was the hardest to put together. Not so much dial once I had the ingredients, but finding the ingredients in the first place.

This is the article whee they said it's just a Strat, RAT and a Marshall. If only it were that simple. Haha. I've actually spent many an hour in the club this video was shot at. The brass mug kicked my ass when I lived in Tampa.

4. Pxz

Pxz Member

That Rat pedal was on many rigs back then , Napalm Death, Trey from Morbid Angel still use one , maybe the rack one. Not sure if Cannibal Corpse used one before moving to triple rec and metalzones but im mostly sure they did. Makes me want a Rat just for that oldschool metal tone.

Tockusa likes this.
  5. Tockusa

Tockusa New Metal Member

Yep the rack was used by Morbid Angel.

They are great for rounded boosting. Mine is modded and gets even bloomie sludgyr. But I used it stock.

If you have a ts9, RAT, MZ and Hm2 you pretty much have most DM/Thrash covered.