This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any of you in a band?

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by ShadowOfDeath, Jun 29, 2004.

1. ShadowOfDeath

ShadowOfDeath Warrior of Black Metal

I was wondering how many of us are in a metal band or play metal on their own. I do a single man project(like Burzum, Varg's the only official member) called Apocalypse. Not that much has been put online. Feel free to check it out.

http://purevolume.com/apocalypse

Who else is in bands here? I'm pretty sure with so many metal heads quite a few of us would be part of a band or compose their own metal.

2. Episteme

Episteme Member

I play in a band. The working name for the band is Exegesis. We play a mix of death metal, jazz, 70s prog, and classical. We'll be posting some samples or clips in awhile once we get all the songs recorded. :)

3. Orion Crystal Ice

Orion Crystal Ice Rider of the Astral Fire

I play in a band as well...I am the vocalist/guitarist.

We are a sort of slightly progressive power-thrash with strong classic metal roots, have been around for about 4 years. We're soon going to release a 6 song EP (though it won't technically be an EP since it will be 50 minutes, but it's not a full length album..) and send it everywhere it can be sent.

There are some live things on the website you can check out, but remember those and the studio CD we are currently working on are going to be like night and day (better production, vocals stronger, etc).

http://www.skyliner-band.com

If anyone wants the CD just send your snail mail to skyliner_rocks@yahoo.com and the second it's finished I'm sending it out to everyone who filed their address beforehand. I think I already told you this but it scared you or something :loco: o_O :OMG:

4. Orion Crystal Ice

Orion Crystal Ice Rider of the Astral Fire

chaotic, I'd be interested in hearing that stuff when you get some stuff together. :hotjump:

5. lord667

lord667 =UM=Heartburn

My band Electrovomit has metal riffs, though nobody ever wants to describe it as a metal band. My Monolythic Idol project is a bit funeral-doom.

6. enchanted_nightmare

enchanted_nightmare House of the Dead

yeh i've just made an band and we've just got all of our members together, but its been hard to get going coz of my stoopid parents and my age and whatnot, my parents said, 'No Band Practice till youve finished ur gcse's' , right so i finish all my exams, and what do they do .. book a holiday straight after, so now i have to go even longer without band practice. But once we do get going we probably gonna be good old death metal style, corpse, deicide, etc. well u never know we might just let it flow naturally and see what we come up with.
    we probably be gigging by the end of the summer.. i hope anyway.
    i got really anxious about making a website so check out my lovely computer skills.?
    http://tmessiah.cjb.net - We're called Tyrant Messiah.

7. lord667

lord667 =UM=Heartburn

You could stand to be a little more rebellious...if you've taken your GCSEs, I'd say you're old enough to refuse to go on holiday with your parents.

8. Under a Stone

Under a Stone Member

A death metal band from where i live? i'm impressed.

9. MFJ

MFJ Active Member

I play in three

-Aegrimonia (see my signature) is Melodic Black Metal and we're all very proud of it. Demo is coming out this summer.

-Wind Through the Trees (the piece with Aegrimonia drummer and snow_like_ash from the board) is black/doom metal. Demo also out soon.

-Oaken Throne (my solo project) is a folk/viking metal band. Right now I'm working on a four song acoustic folk/ambient EP that is half done.

10. Utuk Xul

Utuk Xul Demon Spawn

I play in a band called Miserable Existence. We are similar to old school Metallica with a dose of swedish melodic death thrown in. I am working on a web page now and will post it up when ready. We are also getting ready to record a new demo. Good times...

11. MightyDrynwhyl

MightyDrynwhyl Funeral doom is my life

At The bottom of a cold and lifeless ocean.
    see signature. closing down the black metal band, starting another. both are single man.

12. Funeral Portrait

yea im in a band. kind of a death/groove metal style. you can check out our mp3's in my sig as well.

13. Matheusbassist01

Matheusbassist01 Master bassist

I currently play in two bands, one Death Metal band, and one band that's a mixture between every kind of metal there is. The Death Metal band is called Invalid Existance, and I'm the lead singer. The other band is called Matheus, and I'm the bassist (notice my alias). Matheus currently has one official song written. It's not really recorded yet. We're still in the process of perfecting it. Once we finish, I'll start posting it.

14. enchanted_nightmare

Yeh but u dont know what my parents are like...
    my dads a constantly sober over-protective policeman who hates heavy metal..

15. enchanted_nightmare

Yeh man theres quite a few metal bands around in Surrey, i can give u a few to check out.. most of these are pretty local to u and me.
    www.fleshrot.cjb.net - Gore Metal
    http://tmessiah.cjb.net - My Death metal band :D
    www.necroritual.cjb.net - real good black metal
    www.gridlocktakedown.cjb.net - melodic death metal
    www.underjudgement.com - melodic hardcore
    www.desolation.org.uk - (guilford area) Prog Melodic Death Metal.

16. R.I.P.2

R.I.P.2 just say hi

Hahahahah, awesome. :lol:

ChaoticManifesto: my initial reaction to that description was "eww"; nonetheless, I'd be interested to hear it so hurry up recording/hosting some clips =)

17. Oblivious Maximus

Oblivious Maximus I am the worm

I'm the vocalist in a band called Cryptkeeper. We're a death metal band, but we tend to throw in some black metal as well. We're actually playing a battle of the bands on July 10 at a local bar.

18. LordFireworm

LordFireworm Member

What keyboard did you use for the instrumental? It's like the soundtrack to an early 80s slasher flick.

19. SlaughterofSoul

SlaughterofSoul Forever Underground

Well, since there is no scene, and anyone into metal around here, I'm doing a one-man project, called Devastation Ritual. I have no songs written or recorded(just making good riffs, first). It's going to be thrashy, but with black and death influences.

20. The Grim Rhino

The Grim Rhino New Metal Member

I'm just forming an unnamed-as-of-yet band featuring other ex-members of the best extreme bands in the city. True melodic death ala early-At The Gates (no N*Flames faggotry), mixed with Zyklon/Myrkskog inspired brutal death, a little hyper-technical death/grind like Cryptopsy, some epic black metal like mid-90s Emperor and Satyricon, and just a touch of good American groove metal like the better parts of the most recent Lamb Of God.