This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Anyone interested in doing another COBOT "album"?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by mrKRB64, Sep 4, 2015.

1. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

I haven't touched mine either because of work and I'm organising the thing haha. Either way take your time either recording something new or you can send something old over.

As I said above- new years was a general deadline and a lot of people aren't anywhere near there like myself. It shouldn't matter if it takes a while as it's better to have decent songs than rushed crap.

Those are actually pretty cool photos- good job! The descend the abyss one is my favourite. See what you can do when you don't talk about COB's lack of atmosphere on their new albums? You can do photography that has it. I really couldn't care less if the album was called "Songs from the Sphincter"- you seem to have a few ideas for album titles so brainstorm a bit more- probably best to see what people call their songs to get an idea for a album title? I dunno- your call.

2. <-Warheart->

<-Warheart-> † Fuck You Very Much †

I'll get something sent over during the week, just hope I can still find them as I've lost loads of stuff over the years due to computer failures, ha... :/

3. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Is WorksofHeart even wary I envisioned a song for him so he can humor me out?

4. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Is anyone still working on the songs? Or have you all forgotten about them? :D

5. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

I'm aware Joonas. I've kind of lost interest just because next to none of the old Off-Topic posters who used to do these albums are coming back to work on this it seems like. It's just not the same to me without all of the other guys.

No offense to anyone, just kind of miss the old group.

6. (__Joonas__)

You're a bunch of quitters to be guitar heroes. Prove me wrong. I formulated two songs to prove COB their ultimate Bodom child has a reminder for them they could do some more radical music. Just do some fucking songs. Best song maker can decide the album title?

Prove me melodic death metal ain't fucking dead yet. And use some incredible double bass tsunamis. I love them. And at least one orchestral hit per song. I would do a song myself but I don't have the technology to record anything.

7. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

I know- i'd like the old guys to join again but what can ya do?

Making a song takes time and is hard especially if your only doing it in your spare time

8. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

My song is ready. I might record a solo into it at some point but the solo backing riff ain't bad so it's fine the way it is. Just waiting for others to get theirs done.

9. Hypermusic4

Hypermusic4 New Metal Member

Hey think I am a little late for this but if anyone needs a hand with some of the mixing/editing I'm keen to help out, won't be pro but it will be pretty good.

10. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

This. I'm a full time Computer Engineering Tech student and I work full-time, and have a girlfriend as well. My free time is nearly non-existent.

11. <-Warheart->

<-Warheart-> † Fuck You Very Much †

I've sent a song in, it's from a few years ago so I don't expect you'll enjoy it ;) But like others, I don't have to time (or energy) to sit and compose something I'd be happy enough with to send in for this purpose.

12. (__Joonas__)

It's sad times, my friends. Life seems to be all about suffering these days. Where is the passion of the past...

13. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

It's dead:(

14. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

Never too late son any help is appreciated

Yep I've got that as I said it's kind of simple black metal instead of your usual shred stuff. I like it.

Take a prozac.

I'm gonna try and really concentrate on my song within the next 2 weeks or so- I still need drum & key help though.

15. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

Just for shits n gigs I converted a part of the song I'm working on into NES/SNES kinda sounds. Does that make you happy Joonas? Proves I'm working on stuff even if you don't like it.

16. (__Joonas__)

Hm, an interesting idea would be to pick one COB song, and make an album where everyone makes a version of it in a different metal style. Like say SNBN, someone would do a black metal cover, someone doom metal, someone even industrial metal, etc. I wonder which song would be best for such project... probably FTR.

17. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

How would you go about playing, say, the intro of SNBN in Black Metal style in comparison to Doom Metal? It's still got the same notes and rhythm (Assuming you don't make a whole new arrangement).

18. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

I really like this. Really melodic and quite fast too.

19. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

Why bother though? If the song is already written well there's no real point.

Thanks man- It's a pain in the ass to play though that's why it's taking me ages to record :p The solo's are even harder. I really shouldn't write stuff in Guitar pro first haha

20. (__Joonas__)

You're rite that's a bad idea. I think I meant a "COB style song" in different metal genres. Well. Kinda boring, as there's nothing interesting for me to anticipate in the music world. All these great 90's metal bands lost some of their epicness so it's not the same thing anymore... I'm still waiting for a band that makes black truly properly, not just nice bits here and there. And I'm waiting for another good doom band besides Swallow the Sun. I could listen to the trance-like blastbeats of black metal with magically dark atmosphere forever, just as I could to the incredibly slow, dynamic and powerful world of doom. Almost every band in these genres sounds shit and just wrong. And another good melodic death metal band with aliens in the music, besides Hypocrisy...

What you can do with slow tempo: 4:27 -

This sounds like sailing on a stormy and treacherous dark sea.

#200 (__Joonas__), Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016