This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Anyone interested in doing another COBOT "album"?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by mrKRB64, Sep 4, 2015.

1. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

:lol: hi Mitch, long time no see, thought you were all in with the bikes, was actually thinking about writing to you about that Jackson, good to hear you're holding on to it! I'd like to see that "only for an hour" guitar playing of yours, likely to still be ass-wiping style ;)

2. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Gp5 file is ok. Everything else I don't care

3. <-Warheart->

<-Warheart-> † Fuck You Very Much †

Hey dude :wave: And no seriously, my playing sucks! My fingers can't keep up with the music anymore. :lol:

4. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

Hey Mitch! I doubt your playing is that bad and it doesn't take all that long to get it back

I dunno about time limits everyone- I've been busy lately as well and am still writing my song in guitar pro so there's no rush. Maybe when people finish their song they could upload it to youtube and post it here and I'll put it in the first post. Then when everyone's done we could combine all the songs into an album unless someone has a better idea?

5. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

What about a first deadline at Dec. 31 this year?

6. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Haha how many times have I heard that and then be left :OMG:

7. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

All I want to know is......Rossi or Lorenzo this year? :wave:

8. <-Warheart->

That was in the past mate. :D:D

I could try make a deadline of 31st Dec, can't promise anything but I still need to find all my files with compositions etc...will be good to get my head down and give me something to focus on during the crappy Xmas period.

9. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Sounds good to me. Enough time to get the song ready, get bored of it, edit it, and repeat the whole process a few times. Hopefully at least. I'm still stuck on the chorus :D I have a certain melody I'm thinking of but can't try at the moment as I'm not at home.

10. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

End of year/January sounds fine. Would be good if people occasionally kept progress of where they are at and if they need any help with VST's, vocals or other instruments.

11. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

12. kirk89

kirk89 Member

i´m in for this project.

13. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

The keys, in the verse at least, are kind of random and wah-ish but I like them anyways. They give the song a quite dark atmosphere.

14. <-Warheart->

Hmm...let's go Rossi! :popcorn::worship:

15. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Song is done apart from Arcane's solo and some keyboard stuff. Didn't get everything from Joonas' instructions into it, but most of it is there. It turned out quite a bit longer than expected (5:42) :D I might trim it down a bit by removing some repetitions though.

16. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Having done some edits the song is now 4:38 long. Won't get shorter than that but there's no need either I think. I'll probably re-record some sloppy guitar work tomorrow, perhaps do something with the solo backing track, and then I'll probably upload a demo and the GP5 file for Arcane so he can compose (I'm assuming it was part of the plan. I can try to come up with something if you want to, but I'm mostly good at making really slow and hopefully epic solos. Anything fast (As in, faster than ~130 BPM) is of out of limits as of now), play and record a solo for it.

If anyone (iPot, I think you forgot? :D) has the old COBOT albums, I'd like to have them too. I have the second so no need for that, but I don't have the rest so if someone could upload them somewhere I might give them a virtual tip of the hat.

17. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

Sorry I totally forgot about it. I'll try to do it tomorrow if I remember because now I need to get some sleep.

18. <-Warheart->

I won't be able to start mine until at least next Tuesday ish but if I do struggle to get it done I'll just send over something I recorded like 10 years ago haha.

19. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Maybe I could contribute a song to the album too. This event is a good reason or more of an excuse to myself to write again. Because I'm a lazy ass when it comes to write down what I'm playing...so I had a lot of ideas through the past years, but sadly they just flow away...:(

20. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

You have plenty of time. I actually used one of my old melodies for the chorus of my song. The rest of it is new.

As for my song? Haven't been making any progress now for a few days and won't be making any more until on Monday the earliest as I'm again away from home. Then again, the song is mostly ready so its not like I would be behind schedule :D