This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone into Turbo?

Discussion in 'Divebomb Records' started by Mr. Lapin Kulta, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Mr. Lapin Kulta

Mr. Lapin Kulta Evil invader

As the title says. Polands TURBO probably has the most diverse back catalogue in the history of heavy metal. None of their albums sound the same pretty much. I love em all though...or at least everything they did from 1985 to 1990 (5 albums). I just love this type of raw eastern heavy/thrash! My personal favourite is definitely the "Epidemic" album!

#1 Mr. Lapin Kulta, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  2. Metalliced

Metalliced Member

Turbo is one of the greatest bands in Metal, ever. I have the Anthology box set.

3. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

Despite my Polish heritage this is a band I haven't had time to check out but need to.

4. Mr. Lapin Kulta

Mr. Lapin Kulta Evil invader

Yes you do! :) I favour the "Epidemic" album but I also like the rawer earlier stuff. "Dead End" is cool teutonic styled thrash - pretty cool album. After that they went off in a weird Sepultura-gone-sour direction for a short while and them into lame power metal domains. Odd band.

5. HeavyGabry

HeavyGabry A poser in disguise

That box looks really complete, but I don't know it it's worth all those money... I love "Epidemie" and "Last Warrior" above all.

6. Metalliced

Metalliced Member

It's worth the money simply because of the fact that it will soon be gone, and with it the chance of getting any of their old albums. I do prefer the mid-period of the band, when they were playing good thrash metal, but in listening to their entire catalog, they also had some really great (early and later) releases. Started out as a 70's Rock band, switched to NWOBHM in the early 80's, went Thrash with the "Ostatni Wojonik" album, then turned 'alternative' Rock/Metal, and are now a Power Metal band. Very interesting history, for sure. Almost reminds me of Spinal Tap.

7. Metalliced

Metalliced Member

I'll send you some stuff :D