This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

anyone selling an esp alexi?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by nunofrg, May 20, 2017.

1. nunofrg

nunofrg Member

hey

looking to buy an alexi guitar, wether the esp itself, edwards or maybe the ltd 600. anyone having one of these and wanting to sell it in europe feel free to contact me on my email

nfrg01@hotmail.com

cheers!

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

How much would you pay for a RR24M white? I'm thinking of selling it for 600 or something. It could be wise to invest a couple hundred more to get a true V axe for life, the near mythical RR24.

#2 (__Joonas__), May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  3. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

What kind of shape is your RR24 in?

4. (__Joonas__)

There's some stain from the inlays spread on the maple, which is normal I suppose, haven't washed it off, the volume knob was loose but I tightened it up. Otherwise it's mint, strings set and not a single scratch.

5. Norbix

Norbix Member

I have a Jackson RR24M (white), too. I think 600 is a good price. I'd have bought it off you it was the black one.

6. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Send me some pics of it, I might buy it off of you.

7. (__Joonas__)

There ya go. I tightened up the knob and it's perfect now. There's some natural stain on the maple on frets 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, that comes from the dark inlays when your fingers keep touching them all the time (I only play after washing hands with soap, but this can't be avoided with dark coffee color inlays), but I wiped some of it off with wet paper from the middle fret in that one pic, but I won't be wiping it all off cos you'll wanna do it when changing the strings, then you can apply the oil too, should become shiny as new with some brushing. These strings have been on for five years and should be changed anyway - there's no rust on the metals tho.

I'll be kinda sorry if I let this thing go, it's really as good as a guitar can get, incredibly silky to play and sounds nice. I just played Follow the Reaper rhythms on this mainly. Despite the beauty in looks, bright sound and feel, it's purely a metal guitar, all bullshit is stripped off, perfect feel, balance and position when playing on your lap or standing, there's only one pickup and the volume knob, killer metal tone. All this of common knowledge of course, but it really does make other guitars feel kinda meh.

2:20 - it's surprising how much the wood collects dark dirt.

Attached Files:

#7 (__Joonas__), May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  8. Norbix

Norbix Member

Bro, you need to wash your hands better.. lol. I've played mine rigorously for years and don't have any of that happening on the finger board.

9. (__Joonas__)

It might be my fingering technique sucked. I mean your fingertips are not supposed to touch the wood.

10. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

I already have a regular RR24 in white, just wanted one of these to compliment it. That and I love the guitar.

Looks to be in pretty good shape. I'd be willing to pick it up. Shoot me a pm and we'll go from there.

11. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Five years!? :D Lol! I haven't changed my strings in since April 2016 and I though I was about to make some kind of a record! :D