This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Area around venue

Discussion in 'Heathen Crusade' started by hendecatope, Aug 18, 2008.

1. hendecatope

hendecatope Member

Is anyone familiar with the area around the venue? (as in, is it safe to walk around at night?) I would like to stay close to the venue so that I can walk back to my hotel after the show, thus not having to limit my alcholic consumption for the weekend at the venue.:kickass:

Thanks,

Andrew

2. EricT

EricT Don't you ever get...

Last year the area seemed fine... seemed not much was around except for the fest goers after 10pm, actually.

3. Dmanx Pit

Dmanx Pit Jester of Tranquillity

Usually they have a shuttle that goes to the hotel, so you wouldn't have to limit alcohol consumption anyway, but the area was fairly deserted by 8:30 due to it being iced over and freezing cold. I wouldn't recommend walking unless you're bringing like 8 layers to the venue, in which case good luck staying cool inside the place.

4. Sanctums

Sanctums Minnesota Ass Vikings

Downtown St. Paul is fine. I've walked around there all over the place in the early hours of the morning without incident. There is a shuttle too.

5. hendecatope

hendecatope Member

Thanks for the info everyone. Much appreciated. I guess my concerns stem from growing up in the Detroit area.

Andrew

6. Reign in Acai

Reign in Acai Gnats before thy gums

Stay away from any and all convenient stores or you'll find yourself in a precarious position.

7. lxe

lxe Member

Downtown St. paul is pretty safe. I've been known to wander it drunkenly at the worst possible hours and never had any conflicts.