This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Artistic inspirations

Discussion in 'Travis Smith' started by epiphany, Sep 5, 2004.

1. epiphany

epiphany Member

Other then Travis Smith... whom I am sure everyone who posts here is inspired by him
    who inspires you in your art? Who inspired you to do art?

A few of my inspirations...

Annika Von Holdt
    Ashlee Marshall
    Luis Royo

2. Hidden Visions

Hidden Visions Metalmaniac

My inspiration comes only from my dreams and visions, also some music to get the mood and concept, I like surrealism in all of its forms!. I let it flow.
    I enjoy other artists work (Besides T.S's), like Dave Mckean, J.P Witkin, Alessandro Bavari, Nebrada, M.C Escher, Giger, Dalí, El Bosco, etc... and independent animation film creators, like Svankmajer's and Brothers Quay.
    And lots and lots of metal.

3. Julian Zembrowski

Hmmm as far as other artists, I love Travis' style but I don't really transfer it to mine. In fact as much as I appreciate a bunch of artists work mine isn't really influenced by many artists except maybe my oils are a bit influenced by Monet.

Apart from artists my insparations are things natural. Forests, winter, emotion, melancholy, light and darkness. A bunch of contradictory elements. But I'm more of a musician then an artist though my father an international painter.

I've always been able to express myself in lyrical and guitar work then art. But I love art as well.

4. lestat667

lestat667 a thin thread of silence

Hey Travis:) Why do You prefer working on macintosh? I dont know much about this stuff because i just started messing with photoshop.

5. Julian Zembrowski

I use a PC but overall a mac is better for media such as animation and art, music etc etc.

6. genizah

genizah Kayo Dot Fetishist

music...

niklas sundin

7. T_man357

T_man357 Locked & Loaded

:yow: