This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ask KIUAS

Discussion in 'Kiuas' started by Mikko Ilmarinen, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Markku

Markku Band Member

2. Ukko's Warrior

Ukko's Warrior New Metal Member

ST.Georges Basin, New South Wales, Australia
    Hay Mikko. im a big fan Kiuas from Australia. i have The spirit of Ukko and Reformation. and em wondering if you can still get born under the northern lights, the disipline of steel and winter in june?

3. Ukko's Warrior

Ukko's Warrior New Metal Member

ST.Georges Basin, New South Wales, Australia
    hay markku. do you know if you can still get your first demos and winter in june?

4. Mikko Ilmarinen

Mikko Ilmarinen Son of Ukko

Once more, they are hard to find, and we don't have copies left to sell. Some webstores might have Winter in June still, check out Rage of achilles' website, they might have the dealers there...

5. gunthagh

gunthagh New Metal Member

Just for anyone interested I must say I have winter in june and now its hard to get I am glad I hung onto it. Also my fave track song for the fells is on the mcd too.

Now the questions.

Why did you decide not to put sog for the fells on your first album?? can you post it on your myspace to let everyone here it. I love the intro.

Also I see you guys are playing at bloodstock which is awesome do you have any other uk dates planned just in case I cant afford to go to the festival I can at least see you guys live.

Finally am not sure you guys get good enough distribution over here as I managed to get your first album form hellraiser reords but they could not get hold of reformation and after months of searching and frustration I eventually got it at alices records. this was a great day and the months of looking for reformatioon were really worth while as the album is amazing

Thanks for the great music so far and in another 3 albums I am sure kerrang or metal hammer will vote you best new comer!!! hahahaha as with arch enemy and within temptaion

Any plans on a third album yet or maybe a live dvd??

Keep metal

6. Mikko Ilmarinen

Hi, and thanks a lot for all of your comments!!

Ok, first of all, song for the fells could have been on the first album but we since we had already released winter in june, it would have been too much to have almost all of the songs on "the spirit of Ukko", maybe we'll release it somehow in the future.

We're not going to play any other gigs along with bloodstock in the UK. However, there are plans of doing so, and we have a few arrangements already, so I'm pretty sure that we'll do London and some other cities pretty soon on a separate trip!

The distribution is always an issue. Let's hope that after we've made a few more records and get voted for "best newcomer" SOMEWHERE, are records would be more easily available!:lol:

And YES, we will begin recording our third album October, but the release date might still change, so we haven't really made that much noise about it, but it'll be might out early next year!:headbang:

7. evilrobbo

evilrobbo New Metal Member

Hi there,
    I too would love to have either of your demos, but i fear it's far too late now, is there any chance of at least having the mp3s that aren't on later releases ?

Regarding the distribution here in the UK, when searching for your albums a while ago, i found that most sites had both albums; amazon.com, plenty on ebay sellers, play.com, inc. winter in june, so i'm certainly happy with your distribution :)

Being from the UK, I was very happy indeed to have heard that you are playing at Bloodstock along with firewind, dream evil, korpiklaani, finntroll and the rest :D it's going to be a great gig ! I thank you for this opportunity to see you live :headbang:

and... release some singles ! lol they're always fun, you can always put ridiculous covers on the b-sides :D

Thanks, robbo

edit: Can I be cheeky and ask for a proposed setlist for bloodstock ? :)

8. Adam Fiske

I just thought I'd stop in to tell you guys that your debut CD still kicks ridiculous amounts of ass. It's so meaty and perfect.

Have you guys ever contemplated the idea of a concept album? I can only imagine that a concept album from you guys would be the most epic album ever.

9. les_paul

les_paul Member

i second that :)

i only became aware of Kiuas when they were added to this years BOA lineup a few months ago but now i have Reformation and The Spirit Of Ukko, they are both great albums

this may be a silly quesion (and has probably been answered many times before) but how do you pronounce Kiuas? it's hard to recommend you to people when i can't even say the band name :lol:

10. Adam Fiske

Check out this thread:
    http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/kiuas/214401-kiuas-pronounciation.html

Very informative.

11. Willstorm

Willstorm Member

Hi everyone !
    First, big cheers Kiuas from all France !
    I was wondering if one day you'll come to France ? :D One of my little dreams is to see you playing Bleeding Srtings live :hotjump: (and to take a picture with Atte haha, oh... maybe not :D )
    Thanks for your great Power Metal :kickass:

12. Mikko Ilmarinen

Thanks! A concept album would be great to do someday, when we have more time. It would really have to be BIG, very inspired and thought of. That will happen someday, but now is not the time.

13. Mikko Ilmarinen

Once again I have to answer that I can't promise anything yet. We have been close to touring Europe, but in this business things are so chaotic too often, and it hasn't worked out yet. Let's hope next year will be the turning point!

14. Mikko Ilmarinen

Expect 40 min. of the best songs from both albums! :headbang:

15. Rabsa

Rabsa New Metal Member

Question for Mikko.

What tune you use on your guitars?

Great show at Jalometalli!

16. Nightgaunt

Nightgaunt New Metal Member

Question for the whole band:

How did you manage to kick the most ass at Bloodstock, despite such a short setlist? :headbang:

17. Mikko Ilmarinen

Thanks!! I use drop C-tuning, the strings are tuned as follows:
    1=D, 2=A, 3=F, 4=C, 5=G, 6=C

You need a really heavy string for the low C, I like to try different gauges every once in awhile, now my set is from .11 to .58. I like to keep the high strings light, makes leads easier. The low strings have to be heavy as hell, though! :headbang: :headbang:

18. Mikko Ilmarinen

Thanks a lot, bro!!! We really enjoyed both Bloodstock and Jalometalli, but it was our first time playing in England so it was quite special for us. We didn't have much time to set up, and had some minor technical problems, but once we got into the groove we had a blast! Thanks to everyone who came and supported us! :kickass:

19. Adam Fiske

Hey, Mikko. I've been following the making of the latest Ayreon album and I was thinking... a little bit of talent from you and especially Ilja would be excellent on one of those! You guys should totally get in touch with Arjen and work that out! Well, I know I'm only dreaming here, but it would still be kickass.

20. Bambi_ukko

Bambi_ukko New Metal Member

HEY KIUAS!! Greetings from Mex! you guys fucking rock!:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang:
    Well i have two questions: for Teemu:well im a bassist too so i would like to know Which weapon bass do you use?
    for Kiuas in general: What will the new Record will sound like?