This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Astoria

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by WILKS, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Peter Day

Peter Day Member

hi ya Raven,
    No i will not be at the Astoria unfortunately. I'm still having to take it easy in life. I would love to be there, but standing at the back and not taking part in the exceitement and fun of a gig isn't my idea of a good time.
    Besides the temptation to have a few beers would be far to overwhelming and also to go off jumping around down the front.
    I'm best out of he gig seen until i get better or realise the limitations i can push myself to. Until then it's CD's and DVD's and a quiet night in! Er can you have a quiet night in with Heavy Metal blaring in the back ground!!!
    until then may Metal vanquish all other music and the mighty Saxon trample on the hoards of unbelievers....
    rock on :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
    pete

2. Raven_1

Raven_1 nevermore....

Sorry to hear that mate! seems like ages that i saw you at a gig hopefully it will be a good one!

:headbang:

Raven

3. WILKS

WILKS Member

Thanks for the info mate.I dont live near Cambridge me and the family are staying with some friends that weekend.So dont have to get digs in London.Thanks again mate one day i will see them live.I think Hanx is about my most played album ever(evan more than WOS).

4. WILKS

WILKS Member

Just got my tickets for the Astoria and the numbers are in the 480s.

5. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

480? It was supposed to be near to selling out?! Mind you, it is still early and a lot of people will just turn up on the night without tickets.

6. Bosnian Witchfinder

Did 'pete day' write a review for saxon's gig at LA2 in 2000 or something?

7. Fingers

Fingers Member

Personally I don't think the no's on tickets mean a thing anymore mate, not like the old days when I was a lad.........................................:rolleyes:

8. princess_of_the_night2112

princess_of_the_night2112 Goddess of Metal

Yes for once I think you might be right Fingers :p cos my ticket number for Saxon is number 19845 & 19846 but as we all know the Ferry only holds about 500 max.

And my ticket number for Maiden is 160 & 161 and I never got them in the pre-sale, so I would have thought that more than 159 tickets were sold during presale. Who knows but anyway Maiden will be a virtual sell-out but bands like Saxon I really love seeing them in these smaller venues, was mindblowing seeing them at Tuts where there was only about 250 or so metalheads - much better atmosphere and just always seem a much better concert.

9. Peter Day

Peter Day Member

ER no i don't recall writing any reviews.......
    i mean if i had to write a Saxon Gig review i just would simply say the same thing about any of there gigs....Bloody Fantastic as always (maybe i might grumble a bit if Princess of the Night wasn't played oh and if Dogs of War was left out..but other than that i wouldn't need to say much). I mean being a 100% fan since the 1980's and never losing my faith in them since those days (even during the early 1990's when they definately weren't flavour of the times)..

10. Bosnian Witchfinder

Ive got ticket number 1867 to the saxon gig in astoria, but i bought my ticket on the phone, so i dno if that makes a difference, they might do it reverse!

11. WILKS

WILKS Member

Aghhh the good old days.When you could go down to the front and lean on the stage.Tickets cost £3.50.

12. saxonmckenz

saxonmckenz Member

Hey PAX, I'M going to the london gig. Will have to meet up for a pint.

13. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Nice one mate, yeah definitely meet up for a drink. We'll sort it out nearer the time but I think the Crobar looks favourite for a pre gig drink. Are you going to any of the other Saxon gigs?