This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AudioPlastik- (members of Threshold and Darkwater)

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by ForeverProg, Feb 3, 2015.

1. ForeverProg

ForeverProg Member

2. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

I read Matt's review of this on facebook. Right in my wheelhouse but is this going to be a digital only release? I'm okay with that and I understand the reasons but I don't want to pay for the download and then have them press a CD the next month. Sounds really, really good. Dec sounds better than ever on this.

3. ForeverProg

ForeverProg Member

Here you go :) http://themerchdesk.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=87_221

4. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

I'll head over there, thanks. Hope they take paypal. Shipping and currency conversion from the UK will be painful, but that's the price you pay sometimes for quality.

5. Charles Muller

Just ordered here too. Thanks for the link!

6. 5150

5150 Member

Reminds me of Dead Soul Tribe but with worse vocals. The same type of atmospheric metal music. It's OK but not winning me over.
    As a sidenote, there is a link to the CD and Tshirt sales.

7. ForeverProg

ForeverProg Member

Yes, I posted it in my reply. How about getting to work on a new Stride album bro? ;) Another 1 album wonder (not including the instr. album). But, yes, another Stride album would be awesome! As far as the AudioPlastik, I think it's all around well done and I enjoy it, I guess the vocals are a preference. The metal market is so grossly saturated it's nearly impossible to break new ground so with that said we have all have a degree of metal "fatigue" or just flat out picky.

8. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

Fuck yeah to this. I still spin Imagine with more regularity than a lot of more recent discs. WANT! MOAR!

9. ForeverProg

ForeverProg Member

100% AGREED! One of my top albums of all time. Maybe this will spark something???

10. Charles Muller

Ok, fine. I'll buy the Stride project too (getting turned on to stuff that slipped through is always a value add here).

11. 5150

5150 Member

Are you mistaking me as a member of the band? I agree I'd too like to see some new Stride material. But I don't see it happening. The split of Gary Belin and Mike Martin seems permanent. As far as I know, Joel is still teaching and occasionally plays in some local cover bands. In particular, Escape a Journey tribute band with three former Stride members (Joel Gregoire, Matt Kanzler and Rick Flores). A few years ago Joel put out a digital only release of instrumentals which is pretty damn good. I got to see him play some of the tracks with a dat machine and it was impressive. http://www.reverbnation.com/joelgregoire

12. MYSTIC1

MYSTIC1 Member

Sounds ok, nothing great. Have to say, HATE the band name. For whatever reason, I always hated band names with "audio" or "stereo" in them

13. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

That's unfortunate to hear. They could've been really great. I mean, just that debut was killer.

Oh well, I guess. I still find more music than I know how to check out on a daily basis.

14. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

A fair assessment. Although, I don't think the vocals are at all weak, I just don't care for them as much as Devon's.

15. lasercd

lasercd Man Behind The Curtain

Copies in transit...

16. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

I like what I hear. Here's the video for the single "Now". I'll be ordering this when it comes out.

#16 Diamond45, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015