This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AUTUMN (Katatonia-influenced female fronted band!)

Discussion in 'Katatonia' started by FlawedCoil82, Apr 5, 2012.

1. FlawedCoil82

FlawedCoil82 Member

I first mentioned the Dutch band Autumn (fronted by Marjan Welman) in the http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/katatonia/620418-bands-like-katatonia-but-female-singers.html thread. However I just bought their new album and I found it to be a pretty awesome follow-up to ALTITUDE and felt Autumn deserved their own thread. Their newest album is called COLD COMFORT (the sticker on the front even said "Recommended to fans of Katatonia, Porcupine Tree and The Gathering") so I figured I would post a couple of my favorite songs from COLD COMFORT here.

AUTUMN - "Alloy":

This second song almost reminds me of TONIGHT'S DECISION-era Katatonia, particularly the closing of the song.

AUTUMN - "The Venamoured":

I hope some fellow Katafans will dig Autumn! :headbang: Their main albums are MY NEW TIME (fronted by Nienke de Jong), ALTITUDE and COLD COMFORT (though a couple indie releases also exist).

www.autumn-band.com
    www.facebook.com/autumnband

#1 FlawedCoil82, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. FlawedCoil82

FlawedCoil82 Member

Wow, not a single comment? I think Autumn shares alot more in common with Katatonia than most other bands Katafans seem to love. Disappointed....oh well, I tried. :bah:

3. gone

gone zabijasz mnie

I totally dig those songs you posted, especially The Venamoured. I'll look for their albums and I guess this thread has not been completely in vain, eh?

4. FlawedCoil82

FlawedCoil82 Member

Awesome, well I am glad to see that at least one person here took the time to give some feedback. :) I think some other people have liked them to since their Facebook fans increased a good deal after I posted this thread, and I would like to think that this thread is responsible for at least a few of those new fans. I know Autumn can't truly compete with Katatonia, but I still think they offer a pretty sweet sound on some of their songs.

Because they are no longer available in the other thread where I first mentioned Autumn, here again are three of my favorite songs from their previous album, ALTITUDE.

AUTUMN - "Synchro-Minds":

AUTUMN - "Answers Never Questioned":

AUTUMN - "Altitude":

#4 FlawedCoil82, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  5. Lisra

Lisra starlight spectre

They might want to have a gig where I live. :D

6. FlawedCoil82

FlawedCoil82 Member

Well seeing as how Autumn is a band from The Netherlands, I am sure they will eventually play a close enough gig where you can catch it. :) You stand a far better chance of them playing close to you than I will ever have, because I don't think they can afford to tour here in the USA (and even if they did, I doubt it'd be within the country/rap-loving state of Ohio). :(