This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Avatarium - Jefferson Airplane meets Black Sabbath

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by lane_miller, Nov 25, 2015.

1. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

IMO their first album was their best. Their "All I Want" EP is also pretty good too. The Raven Mask album wasn't as good as their first but still decent. Didn't like "Hurricanes and Halos" so much. Their first album (and EP) is so much different from their last it could have been done by a different band. You should probably listen to "Hurricanes and Halos" on Youtube before you actually purchase it just to make sure you like it. Hopefully their new album "The Fire I Long For" will be a return to their more doomy roots, so we'll see.

2. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

I agree that the first album was the best from them, but I really like a lot of The Raven Mask. I think the change in style has to do with the lack of contribution from Leif Edling on the later stuff....I don't think he is writing for or part of the band anymore? I could be wrong, but that's my impression as to why the band sounds a bit different now. I'll still be picking up the new release....I love the band. A female Dio fronting old Uriah Heep, with a sprinkling of Rainbow....awesome stuff.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

I admit that I haven't listened to the last album all that much, so I don't have an opinion on it, tho I liked the first two albums.

There is also a new single out.

NorseBlood likes this.
  4. NorseBlood

I LIKE IT. The "Voices" single is a return to the heavy which IMO is where their sound is at. I wonder if Leif Edling had anything to do with this track.

5. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

Holy cow....this is a REALLY good release. Much more doom than the last more "psychedelic" album. And Leif Edling did indeed contribute some songs here. And Jennie-Ann Smith is a FANTASTIC singer.

6. NorseBlood

She is easy on the eyes too. :)

7. NorseBlood

Comic Book Dude likes this.
  8. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

Watching this just solidifies my thoughts that Avatarium is NOT a cross between Jefferson Airplane and Sabbath.....they are a cross between Dio era Rainbow and old David Byron era Uriah Heep. I love this band.

9. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder