This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Bands similar to CoB?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by Kritic, Jan 1, 2008.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Sounds something like Inearthed. I'm just skimming over this album to decide whether to play it or not, and I noticed lots of guitar solos in the beginning.

2. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

#182 P4T0U, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  3. Sany

Sany Member

Or here as a Stream Gig:

4. -AnzzA-

-AnzzA- Member

Didn't want to derail the Alexi memorial thread so I'll post this here. I hope Daniel keeps making music even though BAM is now probably cancelled. He could resurrect Naildown.

Works0fheart likes this.
  5. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Not Bodom Like, but I really dig this band

P4T0U and -AnzzA- like this.
  6. -AnzzA-

-AnzzA- Member

Parasite Inc is really good :headbang:

7. BodomBlueMoonHC

BodomBlueMoonHC Bodom Fanatic

Fans of Melodic Death Metal should definitely check out this band. They only recorded this one album as far as I know and it is very inspired by CoB.......this track I think is the standout track. Check out the part at 2:31 and tell me that isn't the melody from TL&S :D

Sany likes this.
  8. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Yeah, that's pretty much identical :D Reminds me of something (Not really COB apart from that TL&S melody) but I can't remember what.

It's possible it's an accident though that it sounds so similar. The melody is really simple theory wise, just the same pattern played over Am, Em, F and then a slight variation over G. The interlude in Northern Comfort for example uses the exact same pattern, except it goes over Em C Em and D instead. NC is a bit simpler though as it doesn't have that variation over the 4th chord. It's so simple in fact that I wrote that exact same melody myself around a year before I ever heard of COB :D

#188 ESA1996, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  9. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

Not a band but it has that speedy melodic metal vibe I've always loved

10. osum

osum Misanthrope

I kinda feel bad for digging that post up years after it's been posted but I'm flattered that you recommend my stuff. (I'm the dude behind Nahtram. I'm a long time member of the Andy Sneap board here on ultimatemetal. I'm not really active anymore here but I occasionally browse the other boards for fun)

About the vocals part: I have been asked this many times but for the moment the project will remain purely instrumental (for several reasons). I hope people still like that stuff. I love your "Wintersun meets Movie soundtracks" description btw because it fits pretty well what I have in my mind for the music.

Cheers!
    Lukas

Works0fheart and rj rl like this.