This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battleground God

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by no country for old wainds, May 7, 2005.

1. no country for old wainds

2. Mormagil

Mormagil bring back the corvee

I only took one direct hit; my answer to a question on evolution contradicted my answer to a question on God's existence. :eek:

3. spaffe

spaffe Geisterglut

That was fun. I got no direct hits, but bit my first bullet on question 15, then bit another on 17. I got the TPM medal of distinction :D

4. Fourka

Fourka Forget it

Nice one GoD! I had no direct hits, but I had two bullets, for questions 14 and 15. I got the medal of distinction as well :Spin:

5. no country for old wainds

I recommend trying some of the other ones. The philosophy health check (my result ---> no tensions), taboos (my result ---> uber-permissive), etc.

6. speed

speed Member

This wasnt too difficult:

You have reached the end!

Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this activity.

You took zero direct hits and you bit zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.11 bullets. 264296 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Click the link below for further analysis of your performance and to see if you've won an award.

Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement!

7. AsModEe

AsModEe also known as ass-mode

I had 1 bullet at question 14 and that's it... I got the TPM medal of distinction too.

8. Rekkr

Rekkr Member

I took zero hits and 2 bullets.

9. speed

speed Member

I can only discern two possible paths: agnostic and believer. Did anyone try the believer of God path?

10. Intoxicator

Intoxicator Hell On Earth

My direct hit was because I misread the question.

11. Fourka

Fourka Forget it

Very enjoyable, though they kept me away from my studying :erk:
    PHC->25%tensions...bah
    Taboos->kinda-permissive
    Logical->Passed them all
    Nice site.

12. Etaoin

Etaoin :<>:<>:<>:

I bit a bullet on #14, then a direct hit on #17, and received a TPM Medal of Distinction. Thoroughly enjoyable!

13. no country for old wainds

I did the logic one at 7am (having not slept) and was just staring at it blankly for a while before only getting half right. :(

14. Fourka

Fourka Forget it

Well it needs a bit more concentration that I expected..not something that I would normally choose to do at 7am!

15. anonymousnick2001

anonymousnick2001 World's Greatest Vocalist

I got a direct hit and two bullets, but I got the direct hit for misreading a question, and a bullet for misunderstanding another.

I tried the "believer" route, but to answer the first question truthfully, I did have to say I didn't know.

16. NeverIsForever

I took the "don't know" path at the beginning and bit one bullet (Question 16). No direct hits, and I got the TPM Medal of Distinction.

That's a pretty cool quiz...it's fun when they make you think!

17. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

the only question that i answered against their preference was 14. i don't see how choosing not to believe in God is any less a matter of faith than choosing to believe in him, when both are based on evidence and testimony of countless people. neither one can be proven and thus it is a matter of faith. other than that my beliefs "passed" the test.

edit: this was from choosing "Yes i believe in God" on question 1.

18. Darth Kur

Darth Kur Misanthropic Naysayer

You took zero direct hits and you bit 3 bullets.
    Congratulations!
    You have been awarded the TPM service medal! This is our third highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without suffering any direct hits indicates that your beliefs about God are very consistent.

However, you have bitten a number of bullets, which suggests that some of your beliefs will be considered strange, incredible or unpalatable by many people. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of the bitten bullets.

Despite the bullets that you bit, the fact that you did not suffer any hits means that you qualify for our third highest award. Well done!

Interesting.......sure I believe in a lot of "incredible or unpalatable" things. Most of which seem to piss off all these toads that pander to all that jebus freak horse shit. :devil:

19. Under The Oak

Under The Oak Ens Causa Sui

You took zero direct hits and you bit 2 bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.11 bullets. 264752 people have so far undertaken this activity.

I had a couple problems with those questions. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, because we'd seen no proof of the duckbilled platypus until its discovery in the last few centuries. That didn't stop it from existing. Still, I can understand why some would say it does not exist, but why make such misinformed, "factual" statements about something we had so little knowledge of to begin with?

Secondly, I don't see why so many people believe the concept of God must be purely rational. Any deity who is above our level of existence will probably think in higher ways than we do, especially if you consider him/her to be omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, etc. I also don't think such a question denies any possibility of being able to discourse about God in a rational method. Human logic can only take us so far when we discuss the metaphysical, because we obviously do not understand all of it.

20. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

yes. i agree :D

Darth Kur, we "Jebus freaks" are no more horseshit than whatever you believe. it is a subjective matter. ;)