This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Because of Jorn I'm addicted to heroin...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by p1driftfiend, Feb 26, 2011.

1. p1driftfiend

p1driftfiend Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEJ0Wj7pi4&feature=related[/ame]

Of all things, he's gotta sing about heroin?

Wish the song was about something else, but listening to his voice, not the lyrics, the song's pretty good and he slays as always.

BTW, who the hell is Pushking?

2. Bamafan

Bamafan Member

I also wish the song were about something else, but it's not like this is the only hard rock or metal song about heroin. Mr. Brownstone by G n R and pretty much anything by Layne Staley era Alice in Chains immediately jump to mind.

I had naively hoped that heroin was passé in the metal scene. Oh well.

3. Undershadow

Undershadow Member

4. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

Personally, I can't stand songs that put drug abuse in a positive light. However, if you actually listen to the lyrics of this song, you'll find that they're really about the perils of addiction rather than the promotion of heroin use. The song isn't exactly Buckcherry's "All Lit Up."

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert

5. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

LIke the music and his vocals, HATE the lyrics...

6. Primal

Primal Motley

PUSHKING
    THE WORLD AS WE LOVE IT
    Released Febraury 1, 2011 (Armoury Records)

Track List:
    01. Intro
    02. Nightrider
    03. It'll Be OK
    04. Troubled Love
    05. Stranger's Song
    06. Cut The Wire
    07. My Reflections After Seeing The "Schindler's List" Movie
    08. God Made Us Free
    09. Why Don't You?
    10. I Believe
    11. Tonight
    12. Private Own
    13. Open Letter To God
    14. Nature's Child
    15. I Love You
    16. Head Shooter
    17. Heroin
    18. My Simple Song
    19. Kukarracha

Band:
    Konstantin "Koha" Shustarev - vocals
    Nikolai Yegerev - guitar
    Dmitry Losev - guitar
    Valeriy Sadakov - bass
    Andrey Kruglov - drums
    Vicktor Drobysh - keyboards

Additional Musicians:
    Billy F. Gibbons - vocals and guitar (2,3)
    Alice Cooper - vocals (4)
    John Lawton - vocals (5)
    Paul Stanley - vocals (6,19)
    Graham Bonnet - vocals (8,19)
    Glenn Hughes - vocals (9,11,12,19)
    Jeff Scott Soto - vocals (10)
    Eric Martin - vocals (13,19)
    Udo Dirkschneider - vocals (14)
    Dan McCafferty - vocals (15,18)
    Joe Lynn Turner - vocals (16,19)
    Jorn Lande - vocals (17)
    Nuno Bettencourt - guitar (3)
    Keri Kelli - guitar (4)
    Steve Stevens - guitar (5)
    Stevie Salas - guitar (6)
    Steve Vai - guitar (7)
    Joe Bonamassa - guitar (11)
    Matt Filippini - guitar (12)
    Steve Lukather - guitar (19)

Production:
    Produced by Fabrizio Grossi.

Review:
    Pushking is a melodic rock band that was formed in Russia back in 1994. Virtually unknown in the United States, they've gained success in their homeland and have issued a number of recordings there. Before the image of fellow Russians Gorky Park pops into your psyche, let me say that these two bands are nothing alike. Pushking, aside from a noticeable accent from singer Konstantin Shustarev, are highly skilled musicians who write surprisingly strong songs with lyrics that translate well into English. That's a huge plus, because if you want to be a successful rock 'n' roll band you must be able to sing the songs in English and they must also translate well.
    In 2008 Pushking took their first foray into recording songs in English when they issued the album I Believe, which was praised by fans and critics alike. That was a huge step for the band, but not wanting to limit himself and Pushking, Shustarev raised the bar even higher when he approached the band about his most ambitious effort to date. The frontman envisioned writing and recording a concept album -- one in which he would compose the music but also enlist the help of two Russian poets, Oleg Savilov and Valery Kommisarov, to write all the lyrics.
    Shustarev, wanting to go even bigger, gathered what turned out to be an all-star lineup of musicians from around the globe on The World As We Love It. In addition to the members of Pushking themselves, some of the musicians on the album include Alice Cooper, Billy F. Gibbons, Paul Stanley, Glenn Hughes, Jorn Lande, Eric Martin, Jeff Scott Soto, Udo Dirkschneider, Graham Bonnet, Steve Vai, Steve Stevens, Joe Bonamassa, Kerri Kelli and Nuno Bettencourt. An impressive line-up to be sure -- but if the songs aren't there, the big names mean nothing.
    The album is a huge undertaking, and Pushking lives up to challenge by delivering an impressive musical piece of work -- a balanced mix of power ballads, rockers and adult-oriented-rock tracks with several standout moments. "Night Rider" is a rockin' number with ZZ Top's Billy F. Gibbons on vocals as well as laying down his trademark guitar tone, "Troubled Love" is a catchy power-pop track that keeps things moving right along with Alice Cooper handling the main vocals and his longtime sidekick Kerri Kelli on guitar, and "Cut The Wire" finds KISS' Paul Stanley on vocals with guest gunslinger Stevie Salas shredding away.
    The verdict is that The World As We Love It arrived with little to no expectations and is a surprisingly good album.

7. Primal

Primal Motley

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8Drfewbc8&feature=related[/ame]