This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

best headphones for the gym

Discussion in 'Backline' started by JoergieN, Jan 16, 2012.

1. JoergieN

JoergieN Member

Very strange topic for this board but I'm looking for some big bass earbuds (I know, weird concept) while slamming weights. Any advice? My athM50's won't work for this

2. Doctor Gay

Doctor Gay Heel

I think ludacris came out with something stylish. However, on a serious note, I wish companies would respond to this need more urgently. A pair o wireless earbuds, is that so much to ask for?!

3. caneris

caneris Member

cant go past the Sennheisers. I use the cx6 model and get ample bass but for something a bit cheaper the cx300 is really great. cannot recommend them highly enough

4. JeffTD

JeffTD Senhor Testiculo

I loved my CX300's but the left side was always louder than the right. I'm lately using some Ultimate Ears basic model I picked up while in Europe for 20€ and like them quite a bit.

5. Keregioz

Keregioz Kimon Zeliotis

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B001V9LPT4"]Klipsch S4[/ame]

Been using these for 2-3 years in the gym, they're awesome. I only had to replace the silicone ear tips with foam ones ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/Comply-Tx-100-Black-3-Pair-Medium/dp/B002ODIE54/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326783819&sr=1-14"]like these[/ame]) because they slipped out from my ear when running.

6. ratsapprentice

ratsapprentice God can gtfo

I've got to agree with the Sennhieser reccomendations above.
    I personally have been using the IE4's for about 3 years, and an almost identical consumer model for the 3 years before that. And they are simply the most unobtrusive headphones out there imo.
    You really don't notice them at all, there is no pressure build up within the ear, unlike some other isolation in ears that I've tried. And the isolation is great too, you can't hear the dance shit the gym likes to play!

7. C-Martin

C-Martin Member

I've had a pair of those for about a year and a half until i eventually broke them. I blame Canadian winter on that one, i probably yanked the crap out of them 200 times while removing the 27 layers of clothes you gotta wear up here :lol:. I really liked them, the isolation was good and haven't found anything i liked better, thinking about grabbing another pair soon.

8. LydonB

LydonB Member

I've got a set of Etymotics which are pretty decent.