This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best Opeth Tour Yet?

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by The Leper, Oct 30, 2008.

1. The Leper

The Leper Apostles Triumph

I've seen Opeth a total of 5 times thus far. And i MUST say that this Watershed tour has been the best time i've ever seen them. I saw them twice with Lopez, and 3 times with Axe. And all i can say is that this tour has been incredible, i've been hearing other people saying that they agree, this is the peak of opeth's career. Even if you hate the album, you have to admit that there recent performances have been top notch.

When i say best, i mean sound quality, proffesionalism, stage presence, song choices (let it go, they aren't gonna play BRI or Advent). I think they have rehearsed to a T, and they sound as such.

Any thoughts?

2. BefriendedUnit

BefriendedUnit They wear white for me

I agree. They have an energy and a synergy that they've never had before on stage.

3. Luann

Luann Member

seems like they sound very close to the albums.

4. Weakness

Weakness Senior Citizen

I think it's the next evolution in Opeth. I think everyone in the band now is on the same page with all the same goals. You can really pick up on that vibe live.

5. The Leper

The Leper Apostles Triumph

absolutely. it's just COMPLETELY different from the first time i saw them with moonspell. its so much more collected.

6. Cognitive Intercourse

I saw them for the first time this month, so I have no previous tours to compare it to. But I have to say...I expected them to be tight, but MAN!!! They just blew me away. That had to be the tightest band I have ever heard live. And like you said, that was an almost perfect setlist. Fantastic concert, I can't wait to see them again!

7. Mr Samsara

Mr Samsara Misanthropic Moderator

Yep. Best line-up to date which resulted in the best show I've seen from by far...... and it's only going to get better.

8. ThirdEye_33

ThirdEye_33 New Metal Member

I've also seen them 5 times (3 times this year).

The setlist this time around was incredible. The only setlist that may have been better was the 1st time I saw them for the Deliverence tour.

The only two songs I really hoped that they would play on this last tour was Lepers Afinity and A fair Judgement

I am a avid Martin Lopez fan, and I was very happy to see that Opeth with Axe is just as good if not better then when Lopez was with the band.

9. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Towards the Great Sky

agree with all these comments. The guys are able to live off of touring, so u can tell how much they practice and are not taking this rise in popularity for granted.

10. Echolipse

Echolipse Opethian

Last week was my first concert i've seen by Opeth. I expected excellent and i got :OMG: :kickass::headbang::worship: 10x

I find myself checking atleast 5 times a week for the new dates for concerts. Can't wait for the next concert date. already so siked :zombie:

11. Risquit

Risquit Member

Seventh time seeing them, and yeah they are even better in concert. Well polished. I guess the only thing would be a little more improv.

12. demon of the moor

I seen them for the first time this year, and It was the greatest experience.
    We also got a Quiz and one of the questions was can you name the members of kiss (real names) and when he got to Gene Simmons, Mikael goes "complete knob head"

lots of laughs all round he he he

13. bosomblob

bosomblob Member

I'm gonna be that one cool guy who says that their best show ever was in a little Stockholm pub back in the Orchid days.

But really, I saw them with Ballet Deviare in NYC a couple of years ago, and that was probably the best show of theirs that I've been to.

14. L0bster

L0bster OneTwo!

It's come to thirteen times seeing opeth this far (if I'm not forgetting one) out of which about half have been headline and half festival. The last couple of gigs with the brand new lineup have definately been among the absolute best, even if I have special memories from Sweden Rock 2003 (with the allmighty THE MOOR) and the Lamentations rehearsal-gig at Mosebacke.

15. Celestial-Voyage

Celestial-Voyage slave to thepower ofdeath

I've seen them live a total of 5 times aswell, and my favorite time seeing them was in jan 2003, in arizona. Opeth, still as a 4 piece, good setlist.. That was my favorite opeth show!

16. WinterSonnet

WinterSonnet Opethina

I've seen them 5 times as well, and my favorite was in the Fall 2005.

It was my favorite set list I have seen them play, and I have to say I prefer Peter over Fredrik in stage presence, though maybe it is just because I am not used to Fredrik yet. And as for stage presence... I just loved watching Martin with long hair, though he looks amazing with short... it was just more enjoyable watching his head banging style with long. Mikael was hilarious in all the concerts though, except the Gigantour (since they did not give Opeth enough time).

17. Mr. Niel

Mr. Niel Join Date: Sept. 2002

I read my review of my first Opeth show from 2002 the other day and chuckled at the "fanboy-dom," but they honestly have only gotten better each time I've seen them. This recent show in Cincinnati was no exception.