This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Blind Guardian Australian Tour...YIPEE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'LORD' started by black_tooth_grin, Nov 8, 2006.

1. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

Similar thing happened to a mate of mine that went to a Radio Head show they only played in Melb. He flew there from his hometown of Perth.

The show was cancelled.

I suggested he use the time to just play tourist and go for a wander around Melb.

It eased the blow. But he was still pissed.

pipsqeek

2. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Or... you could all come on the bus and avoid paying a cancellation fee ;) :p

3. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

Well I hope that the signing at MM goes ahead cause I bought a copy of A Twist In The Myth on vinyl yesterday that'd look great signed! :D

4. FerretallicA

FerretallicA HMAS Slagdestroyer

:worship:

Where did you find her and are there any more in stock?

5. Celestial-Todd

hehe I think they broke the mold after making her :)

6. City_of_da_Moon

City_of_da_Moon All hail the tardo

i still need tickitos.!!!! anyone know how many are left?

7. Wenda

Wenda Lady LORD

That attitude BLOWS. It's assuming that everyone has the money and time to just pick up and go interstate... not everyone does, whether or not they "love the band that much".

Relying on interstate attendees to make up the numbers at these shows is a majorly fucked-up way of running things. It smells of disaster. IF they can't make up the numbers because not enough people can make it down, they're more likely to cancel both shows entirely, rather than playing somewhere else or merging the two Melbourne nights into one.

Also, the 250 people in 70 minutes thing is absurd. I did a quick calculation just then, and it means that to make it run properly, each person will have to be in and out of the store in 16.8 seconds. Gah.

8. Delinquent

Delinquent Member

plenty, mine are number 385 and 446... so they wouldnt have sold out since yesterday i thinks

9. Pyro

Pyro The guy from the internet

You forgot to mention it's also a fuckload of time. I can understand those with 9-5ers and NOTHING on the side being able to throw away a full weekend for a band they love. I'm a big fan of BG, I mean I love the old stuff (Especially 'Battallions..' and 'Somewhere..') and also really liked most of the recent stuff... the new album wasn't that impressive but I actually really enjoyed 'Nightfall'.

Problem.

If I was to go to melb to see them in melbourne, no only would it cost a heap of money I cannot spare but the biggest issue is that it would PREVENT me from working that weekend which I need to do to make ends meet. Huge spanner in the works.

My only melbourne trip this year is for Evil Invaders II and has other, business-related reasons for happening too.

10. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Yeah the attitude of the promoter on this, if it is the promoter, is arrogance personified. I know for a fact that they were offered assistance to stage and promote a show here in Sydney and were turned down flat. It's ok to say "If you love the band enough, you will come": I'm sorry, that's utter, utter bullshit. People have been looking forward to this since Hansi posted about it at the beginning of last year, and now they are being forced to travel overnight or longer to get there. Not only that, but the venue doesn't have unlimited capacity. A lot of people are going to miss out on this and those behind it don't seem to care.

11. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

This is just a bizarre tour. I can't see them being popular enough to sell out two shows in Melbourne. As others have said, one in Melbourne and one in Sydney would have been fine.

It seems to have been organised and promoted like the Living Colour tour was..

12. mattt

mattt Yes.

Being where I am (Townsville) it costs quite a small fortune to go to Brisbane to see bands when they come so unfortunately I don't have the chance to head down to gigs as much as I would like. I can't justify spending $500+ on a band when I have my own bills and general lifestyle to take care of first.

13. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

But if you love the band enough, you'll make the effort.

14. mattt

mattt Yes.

15. Stormster

Stormster Somewhere Far Beyond

i would take out a credit card if i didnt have the cash on me and pay massive amounts of interest back just to see them. Sure its lame that they dont come to sydney, but im sure BG mean more to me than ALOT of those who arent going.

16. mattt

mattt Yes.

Actually I am not a fan of BG at all. Im just talking in general.

17. Stormster

Stormster Somewhere Far Beyond

Like yeah i agree it stupid, but i just love them that i have to see them. If they never came here it would just be overseas one day. Same with maiden, i will see them sooner or later, even if i have to travel.

18. JonBonJovi

JonBonJovi Titilate

For people who actually think logically and realise the things that they say are important to save for would not travel so far to see a band no matter what. Sometime people realise that their family,home and relationship is worth more than spending large wads of cash to see a band. I wouldn't even do it for Bon Jovi as I see what I have said several time that saving money for my daughter and family home is far more important than any band in the world.

19. mattt

mattt Yes.

^ agreed.

20. Celestial-Todd

So what if some people want to travel, most of those travelling DON'T have to save money for a home or family at the moment so let them spend their money as they see fit