This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bloodbath bass guitar tone

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by MAXMEDLOW, Mar 26, 2011.

1. MAXMEDLOW

MAXMEDLOW Maximum

hi all,
    recently been really into bloodbath, and i cant get over how epic the bass tone is! has anyone got any ideas on how they acheived this sound? it sort of reminds me of the in flames bass tone on come clarity, but the bloodbath tone is somewhat clearer....http://www.myspace.com/bloodbathband

would be awesome if anyone could help :)

btw, check out their latest album for the tone im on about

2. Empathy

Empathy Bulging Member

Given that it's Bloodbath, my first assumption would be that they've got at least 12 HM2's in the signal chain. As far as I remember on Nightmares Made Flesh, specifically the track Eaten, it sounds like the bass is going through a goddamn guitar amp at least in part.

3. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

I don't like the tone on the latest album that much, I think the low end is way overdistorted on that album, way too messy IMO

4. korpse pop

korpse pop Horde of Undead Vengeance

Nightmares made flesh had many awesome death metal songs, but i'd prefer them with Åkerfeldt instead of Tätgren. Eaten is one of my favorite death metal songs anyway! Their latest album sounds like ezdrummer and guitar modellers btw, ofc there are real drums and real amps, but it just sounds generic and clinical :(

5. Terminus

Terminus Member

@ the Wacken Carnage gig Jonas was playing through Ampeg, looked like maybe SVT heads or something.

6. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

couldn't disagree more. The production on that album is unique to say the least, at first listens I didn't like it at all, now I get it, David Castillo is a pro, maybe some day I'll even like the bass tone who knows. But sounding like ampsims and ezdrummer? That's insane

7. 006

006 Member

What version of EZD have you used that sounds like that??? If EZD sounded like that I would buy it again and keep it this time. I too wish NMF had Mikael on vox, much prefer his style/sound, him with the songs on there and production would have made it even better.