This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bloodshed Over Bochum

Discussion in 'Amon Amarth' started by PaganThunder, Jun 26, 2008.

1. DamageInc.

DamageInc. Annoying drum nerd

thanks man.

and sorry for the rude writing, I should post while beeing pisst off. ^^

2. Seonadh

Seonadh New Metal Member

This is going to absolutely rule! Nothing to be nervous about, Amon are going to kick our ass for four nights running and we are going to love it. The only thing that makes me nervous going to Bloodshed Over Bochum is meeting someone there who's even more fucking crazy about Amon than I am!! :headbang:

We have all definitely got to get filmed with the band at some point, everyone from the forum who's there, that would be crazy!

3. PaganThunder

PaganThunder Wotansvolk

4. Beave

Beave a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

... which could be shortened to simply saying "Fuckin' A". But QFT?? WTF?! :lol:

Anyhow, the only thing that has me a little worried is the off chance that y'all are secretly part of some cannibalistic cult and i'm entering into some kind of trap that'll result in my mom being notified that my mutilated and dismembered body was found floating down the Ruhr. That would suck! :ill:

Barring this (hopefully) remote possibility :D, I think this whole thing will be a real humdinger. I usually have the most fun when i'm around people who have a similar taste in music. :kickass:

5. Seonadh

Seonadh New Metal Member

Well I suppose if we're all going to this we must be kind of me(n)tal anyway!!!

I often go by myself to concerts hundreds of km away from where I live and every time I meet cool people, I can't wait to go to Bochum, I've only to been to Germany two or three times before, this will fuckin rule!!!!!!:heh:

6. gnoff

gnoff Member

Less than 5 weeks until the first show :D

7. Vilewoman

Vilewoman BitchWurst

Ooooooooooo
    I'm dying over here.

8. Phelice

Phelice HAPPIEST GIRL ON EARTH!!!

I already started hamster buying milk.

9. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

does anyone have any recommendations on hostels/motels/hotels in Amsterdam and Berlin?

4 weeks before I leave and I have nothing planned what so ever

10. gnoff

gnoff Member

In Berlin earlier this year I stayed at "John's cozy little backpacker hostel", I'm not kidding regarding the name by the way.

It's a small place that only will accept up to maximum 4 ppl in each group, and is favoured by gays and hippies.

Bloody cheap though, and fairly central.

http://www.hostels.com/availability.php/HostelNumber.10119

Don't know about the breakfast mentioned though, don't think it was in our deal.

Anyhow, if you need any tips for breweries or pubs, let me know, I've got some info still.

Was many many years ago I stayed at hotels in Amsterdam, can't even remember names right now.

11. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

Thanks,

I'll look into it. I stayed previously in a hostel somewhere by the zoo but didn't like it there. Yes, pub info is needed as well. I did go to one pub there before in the east berlin which I thought was pretty cool.

12. PaganThunder

PaganThunder Wotansvolk

I have nothing planned either man. I might go down on Saturday & book a night at a hotel in Frankfurt so when i get there i can just get a cab & crash for the night. I arrive on Xmas eve so most people will be doing family shit, so ill probably just catch a train Xmas day or the day after to the Bochum area.

13. Beave

Beave a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

With respect to Amsterdam, if you're looking to book your room in advance, I'd definitely recommend that you research any prospective hotels/hostels beforehand. Several years ago my friend and i paid in advance for a room in Amsterdam, and it turned out to be the worst absolute shithole i've ever seen. It was like walking into a septic tank. Imagine a room resembling "The Dirtiest Toilet in Scotland" (at least i think that's what they called it) in the movie "Trainspotting" and you'll have some idea how bad it was. Having to rub elbows with crack whores and heroin addicts didn't help, either.*

As for Berlin, when i was there i stayed in a hostel in the suburb of Wannsee. It turned out to be pretty cool. I can't remember the name of it but i'm sure you could find it relatively easy.

*Edit: we only stayed there one night. The next day we tried to cancel the remaining 4 or 5 days of our reservation, but the bastards wouldn't refund us our money, so we lost out pretty bad.

14. gnoff

gnoff Member

If you PM me your mail address I can send you some pdf info, two files about 2 MB each.

Regarding Amsterdam -
    Do book in advance, first time we tried finding something after arriving, was quite hard.
    Might have been a beed day or so, but still.

15. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

thanks guys, also, there was a talk of group sightseeing trip around town/area, if that'a a go where and when do we meet. I got to find something to do in Bochum for my wife

too bad you're not getting there a bit earlier as you could have gone with us to prussia :)

I don't plan arriving in Bochum unti the day of first show, got to start PMing phone #s soon

I'm off to a 5 day camping trip

later necks

16. Seonadh

Seonadh New Metal Member

Does anyone know how late the underground or tram runs in Bochum, because my hotel is 35km out from the center (formule 1 hotel) and so if the last leaves too early I'll have to reserve another hotel.

Thanks

17. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

why book a place to stay that far, you want to be within a "stumbling drunk" distance from the venue I would think, at least that's what I'm going for

18. Knarfi

Knarfi Yaba-daba-doo!

it seems that in germany they dont care much if youre drunk in a train, at least from my own experiences

19. xsxixr xsxcxhxwxaxnxzxexlxoxt

That's the way you make friends here.

20. Xurek

Xurek Waaagh!

My hotel is about 14km from Dortmund airport, so a taxi ride, 3km from Bochum centre and 6km from the event location, so it's not too bad at all. Short taxi/bus/tram whatever journeys for the most part.