This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bloodstock On The Road Camden

Discussion in 'Bloodstock UK' started by Obsydian, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Obsydian

Obsydian Member

Okay, I've left it a bit late to order tickets, but as I'll be in London for the rest of the week, I'm assuming I can get in on the door, correct?

BTW, if you're thinking of going but not sure, I'd suggest you go, top notch night in Bristol last night.

2. Bloodstock

Bloodstock Member

Yes, you can get in on the door. I think there have been @ 70 advance sales which is pretty good for a show like this in Camden! Should be the best night of the tour.

Agreed, last night was a great show of the tour in terms of the sheer band power! Look out for these 3 bands to hit the road again in May 04 hopefully!

3. sal666

sal666 After Forever Nutter

Camden or Liverpool of course!!! :) :) Don't forget not many peole have ordered in advance for Liverpool, but the night is always a chaotic and very energetic one :)

4. Eagle

Eagle Raging Heathen!

I'm now a certainty for Camden and Liverpool is possible.

5. Obsydian

Obsydian Member

Nice one Big Chap, I'll see you there! In the World's End prior to the gig?

6. Baletempest

Baletempest Singer of Strange Songs

Unfortunately I haven't the time, I've got a masive essay to be handed in on friday and to confound matters even more Theres My Dying Bride that very day. Best of luck to all involved (not that you need it:))

7. Lydian Lady

Lydian Lady Rainbow Chaser

We'll definitely be in world's end prior - look for a viking-type ( eagle), the great baseballed one ( mentalee) and ageing rock chick ( me..lol! )

8. Ahes

Ahes Member

Dam! MDB...I wish they'd play near Bristol. I've been wanting to see them for yonks and never managed to. One day hopefully...

Have a good gig tonight @ Camden guys!!

9. MentaLee

MentaLee Goldmember

Not my fault someone has equipped all women with ten foot bargepoles.......

........or were you referring to my cap?? :lol:

10. chazzyf

chazzyf Member

was good, wasn't it. Infobia in particular really impressed me - their vocalist was A-MAZE-ing!!!

4-way Kill were solid, but not really my kinda thing. Biomechanical were good and I particularly enjoyed The Awakenening, Creeping Death (with all the other bands joining in) and a storming encore of Mouth For War.

It was a delight to meet both Eagle and DragonMaiden. Apparently I was spotted by Mentalee, who unfortunately I did not get to meet. Anyway, I'd love to know how you recognised me? :)

11. chazzyf

chazzyf Member

Best gig I've seen from Biomechanical so far.

Setlist:
    Save Me
    Hunted
    No Shadows
    The Awakening
    In The Core of Darkness
    Distorted
    Destiny
    Regeneration
    Empires of the World
    Creeping Death
    Assaulter
    Encore:
    Mouth For War

Some Photos
    http://www.servemode.co.uk/Biomechanical/

12. dragonmaiden

dragonmaiden Lady of the Vale Forlorn

Hey chazzyf...it wasn't me!!! I unfortunately could not attend and was at home on my own here in Hartlepool all evening! I think you met Lydian Lady!!! :D

13. chazzyf

chazzyf Member

oops sorry! My listening wasn't so good after all that noise. Sorry to both you and Lydian Lady!!

14. sal666

sal666 After Forever Nutter

Next stop.... Whiplash!!!

Why didn't they play "Do You Know Me?" My fave song and usually the bands opening track?!?!?!

Mouth For war..... Now that i'd like to have seen!!! Was it as chocca as predicted?!?!?

I've only got 9 days to wait to see them again!!!!!! I can't wait!! Have a nice rest boys.... and don't forget.... get practicing Whiplash :cool: :)

15. Eagle

Eagle Raging Heathen!

I think Biomechanical opened with Do You Know Me and concluded with Mouth For War. I'm not too sure though.

Also I think Infobia's set was:

Life Is
    Destined To Feel
    Close
    Forever Now
    Breath
    WHYGM

But I could be wrong.

The venue wasn't packed but it certainly wasn't empty either. I'd say around 150 people there which for a Thursday night is certainly pretty good.

It was cool to finally meet another Ultimate Mettlar in ChazzyF and I'm pleased you enjoyed Infobia so much dude. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that they're booked for Bloodstock 04.

Ah well - next stop Liverpool then!

16. Joan

Joan New Metal Member

You're right eagle, Biomechanical started with 'Do you know me', don't think they played Save me, although there were a lot of crowd requests for it.
    Fuckin sweet night though, all the bands on top form and the largest crowd I've seen at the Underworld yet.
    The night gave me a refreshed confidence in the British Metal scene so thanks to all the guys, you rocked!!

17. chazzyf

chazzyf Member

Well I took a photo of the setlist, which was written in rather difficult to read handwriting. Not being that familiar with their material, I tried to marry the scrawl to the titles on the CD. Must have got that first tune wrong. Sorry, I stand corrected.!

18. MentaLee

MentaLee Goldmember

Fucking top night out on the tour yet again (3rd night for me) and was by far the best night!!!! Cracking performances by all three bands and unusually good sound for the Underworld too....bonus!! and just a top night all round. Sank a couple of Guiness'(!), bought the worlds most expensive half (£6odd!!!) and eventually rolled into my house around 2am and got up again three hours later for a 13hour shift at workl!! Much respect to Eagle for the lift (acquired a blue fleece by any chance dude?) , Lydian Lady for the most expensive drink I've ever bought and also to Obsydian for knocking my beer over and blaming the glass collector!! Even bigger respect to Obsydian for buying a replacement (after threats of violence naturally :lol: )

Band of the tour for me without a doubt was FOURWAYKILL (not taking anything away from the other bands as the whole lineup was excellent) but they just had that 'edge' that sets them apart. If you haven't already, check them out as I reckon you'll be seeing a lot more of them in the future!!!!

24 HOURS TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Eagle

Eagle Raging Heathen!

This afternoon found under front passenger was a blue fleece !

20. Lydian Lady

Lydian Lady Rainbow Chaser

Hope you meant under front passenger SEAT Eagle! :loco: