This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Blut Aus Nord - Thematic Emanation of Archetypal Multiplicity

Discussion in 'RC' started by Nate The Great, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Nate The Great

Nate The Great What would Nathan do?

www.redstream.org has this in stock.

It will also be released with a 2 disk set, including The Work Which Transforms God, in May in the US. It is basically a continuation of The Work, and is not their next full-length.

2. Demilich

Demilich Remember

We already had a thread where everyone pretty much shit all over the new one! I never bothered checking it out, but I never bought TWWTG so I might pick up the compilation of the two!

3. Dev

Dev UTF-8 professional

Their next full-length MoRT will be better . I like this , it's maybe just as good as TWWTG but less solid due to the EP thing.

4. Crimson Velvet

Crimson Velvet Sønn av Syperi

I bought "The Work..." and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me, and I'm considering trading it away.

5. Demilich

Demilich Remember

Check my list in the trade thread! Doubtful, but you never know!

6. Hell Mike

Hell Mike fuck melodic black metal

I got "The Work..." and never listened to it because I forgot where I put it

7. Reign in Acai

Reign in Acai Of Elephant and Man

I got "The Work..." and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me, but I kept the cd as I don't trade anything away.

8. Necro Joe

Necro Joe Answer the chicken

I got "The Work..." on mp3 and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me.

9. Thanatopsis123

Thanatopsis123 白鬼

I quite like the EP, at least as much as I did TWWTG.

I remember seeing somewhere that the songs on the EP were just leftover from some split they did. If those were leftover, I need to find this split. Damn my laziness.

10. Bruni

Bruni Member

I am quite liking this actually...

11. MFJ

MFJ Active Member

I borrowed "The Work..." from my friend and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me, and I gave it back to him.

12. Russell

Russell __

I got "The Work..." and have yet to listen to it quite a few times, but I will honestly try to like it. I hope it really clicks with me, so I don't have to trade it away.

13. Nico

Nico Onward!

I got "The Work..." and liked it until I got bored.

Ultima Thulee is still an amazing album

14. Black Winter Day

I bought "The Work..." sometime during the summer of 2004 when there was a big hype surrounding it, coming from people such as Nate the Great and others whose tastes I generally trust, and listened to it (sometimes drunk, sometimes stoned, sometimes sober, sometimes while working out) quite a few times (more than five, I can tell you, but probably not more than ten because anytime you listen to an album that many times over the course of several days, the music tends to grow stale and banal and it honestly destroys the joy of listening to it in my opionion, I'd rather my music be surprising every time I listen to it, which is why I spread my music listening out and try not to let one album outweigh the rest, although I did it when I first bout "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" on CD, though, and I still love that album, altough that case is certainly an exception), honestly (in my heart of hearts) trying to like it (I am of the opinion that everyone should at least "try" to like an album when they first hear it... if it disappoints you, so be it, but you should at least give everything a chance -- it makes the music-listening experience that much more enjoyable!). But then it really clicked with me -- I, being a big fan of the coldness, the dissonance, and the guitars that waver in and out of the wall of sound like phantoms running their cold fingers down the back of a frightened young boy that is running through a graveyard... I remember the days when children were afraid of graveyards and haunted houses and graveyards instead of Neverland Ranch... I mean really... who the fuck predicted the irony of that name?) but I bought a bunch of other stuff and forgot to listen to it more (at least, as much as I should have in the ensuing seasons); I haven't really considering trading it away.

15. Demilich

Demilich Remember

1 star thread alert!

16. MajestikMøøse

MajestikMøøse Membrum virile

I downloaded The Work... and listened to it a couple of times and I can't decide if it's cool or utter shite. I'm literally on the fence with this one.

17. Black Winter Day

You know you want to.

18. Nate The Great

Nate The Great What would Nathan do?

Dude, you're taking way to many literature classes. That sounded like some sort of monologue you were supposed to write for some 20th Century Lit class on idealism in 21st Century Music. I mean that in a good way.:Spin: