This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Boring

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Dickie Davis, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Dickie Davis

Dickie Davis Guest

Me and Paxo go quiet for a bit and this place dies!

2. felamid

felamid Guest

Yes, and who could blame you...
    The messageboard is one thing, but I think the main problem is that the site itself is almost dead.
    I don´t usually moan... but if there are no updates on the site then the messageboard will soon be totally unnecessary...

3. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Yeah was thinking the same thing myself. It seems that me and Dickie are the only ones who post messages reguarly. But felamid is also right; it doesn't help that the website is so dead. Nothing major has been posted for months and months. No updates about the dvd, no updates about the heavy metal thunder cd. So what is the point?

This website shouldn't just be for fans to interact. It should be for BAND and fans to interact, but that has never ever happened. So what honestly is the point in having an official Saxon website when the official side obviously don't give a @#%$?

Pax.

4. Destiny

Destiny Guest

I have to agree that the official part of this site really sucks. The only thing you get to hear about is some old helmet and a couple of postponed gigs every other week. How very interresting. And how about the classic clip section?? I might be hallucinating, but I´ve been staring at the same clip of Biff Byford for about three months now?? Crap I say!! The only worse site I can come up with is the official Kansas website. They have been announcing their upcoming web-tv section for half a year now, without result.

5. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Guest

Come on guys, has anybody even consider even asking vince why the sites is so slow to get new up dates? think maybe it's because there on tour? or mybe they just don't know what to say. Don't be so quick to snap to a judgement.

If thats how you feel so be it. I'll still be here. ;)

6. Dickie Davis

Dickie Davis Guest

I know what your saying Rick.
    Vince must be a very busy man what with Bloodstock etc etc, and speaking to him in the past he said Saxon themselves aren't exactly forthcoming with news.
    So I don't lay any blame on Vince at all. If the band aren't really interested in the site and give no imput, what can you do.
    It's just a bit irritating when you see fan sites of various bands that have more information and are updated with news rumours etc, on a more regular basis than an official site.

7. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

I second that. I wasn't laying any blame at Vince, he can only put on news that he is given.

Pax.

8. Destiny

Destiny Guest

That´s excactly where it´s at. You see other sites with lots of new stuff every week and realise the potential.

But I´ll still be around of course. l will always be a Saxon fan so where else to go. No blame on Mr. Webmaster... just a most humble request of a new classic clip or something :cool:

9. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Guest

ok were all in agreement that it's not the best site so... lets say we all as a collective whole put to
    vince that he should tell the guys Biff. Nibbs, Paul, Doug, and Fritz if he's still in the band? Just how serious we are about this site and want to make it the best and would appreciate a little more input.
    What do you think? :)

10. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Hell yeah I say, I´m in! :cool:

11. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Guest

Hey Pax you with us man? what yeah think? :)

12. felamid

felamid Guest

Yes we better get this through to the very source of our interest, namely the band.
    If I had been say 15 years old I would have been a lot more critical...
    This site is crucial in the building of a fanbase which not only include us who might lose our hair anyday...

13. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Oh noooo... think I just lost one more of those precious hairs... ;)

By the way, has anyone heard Leppards new album? Not like the days of Pyromania, but if you give it a try it´s not that bad after all.

14. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Yeah I'm in Rick. Why don't we all meet somewhere and march to Barnsley in a big protest?!!

Ahhh I can hear the chants now -

"What do we want?".........."More info"

"When do we want it?"........"Now!" :lol:

Pax.

15. Dickie Davis

Dickie Davis Guest

Perhaps we should ride up to Barnsley on Motorcycles or fly on Eagles.......possibly. :lol:

16. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Hell yeah I say! We can change the world if we really want to! :cool:

17. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Guest

Ok so were all in agreement to this Idea, now how to go about it, you think we should write individualy to Vince? or should we write one e-mail with input from all involved? I'm open to suggestions. Also... do you think they really care. Want to here from you guys so.. let me know. :)

18. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

I'm sure Vince must have seen our comments on this matter Rick. But his silence is deafening! He will be the first to be burned at the stake when we march on Barnsley! The fact that he lives in Nottingham (I believe) is a minor flaw to the plan! :lol:

Pax.

19. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Not so long ago this board had over 300 members, now we´re down to 200. How come..?

20. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

I raised that point a while back Destiny. Think it has something to do with the Saxon site switching to another site or something or other. It is far too technical for me!

Pax.