This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Borknagar signs with Century Media

Discussion in 'Borknagar' started by Drummer Dave Kinkade, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Drummer Dave Kinkade

Drummer Dave Kinkade I'm in the band

Though, may be wishful thinking. Its not like they weren't with Century before...[/QUOTE]

Ya, but they didnt have my pain in the ass before either...all my constant pushing is starting to pay off. Good things come to those who wait lol

2. Drummer Dave Kinkade

PS: I never seem to use this site correctly

3. Erik Erna

Erik Erna Sheriff Of T.S.G

Being an American from Chicago, I have to ask this of you Dave. How do Norwegians and a Swede put up with overbearing, headstrong people from the Midwest? In all seriousness.

4. Drummer Dave Kinkade

lol....Im technically from NJ but it works just fine I guess. Im not exactly some dude who was stuck in some town for 27 years and never knew how to act. Ive been flying around the world since I was 4 and was lucky enough to be exposed to all different cultures so it works in my favor I guess. Im far from one of these "America is the greatest country in the world" assholes. Why do you think I live in Norway now. The states is great for food and cheap stuff but honestly, Im glad to be out. Its only getting worse and...eh Im not going to get myself started.

5. Naglfar

Naglfar As Naglfar devours us all

The United States of Canada (not Jesusland)
    Does this news mean that the DVD "Borknagar: Live at the Cloverdale Banquet Hall and Recreation Center" is off?

We're polite I guess?

6. theoden236

theoden236 Soul Wandering

a thought: with Bork re-signing to CM, wonder if this means Cronian and Solefald will re-sign with CM?

7. Erik Erna

Erik Erna Sheriff Of T.S.G

Oh, I agree. I've moved out of this country a few times because on the whole I hate it. However, you have to agree that every born American has a degree of overbearing to them. Even if it is repressed. I think it comes from dealing with everyone around you.

8. karpsmom

karpsmom Member

I'm sure we get good tour packages, but it's only for bands I don't listen to. Almost none of the metal bands I like tour the USA.

9. karpsmom

karpsmom Member

My instincts say no. I'm assuming they are back with CM because it seems (thank you DAVE!!!) they are going to attempt to be more than just a studio band (not to say they haven't played a show/festival here and there, but you know what I mean). A bigger label like CM probably prefers to pump it's resources into a band that is going to perform often because it means more exposure/revenue for the label. I highly doubt (though it would probably make my head explode with excitement) that Solefald or Cronian are going to become live acts..... :(

10. Helge-Uwe

Helge-Uwe Member

good man :) I'd do the same if I were you. as long as no one starts to make a change, nothing will happen. that's how it always was and that's how it always will be.

whatta heck....

11. Drummer Dave Kinkade

Thanks for seeing it. We are definately starting to turn things around and get this ball rolling and hopefully knock it out of the park. Ive been pushing and pushing for something since Ive joined the band but really, the only way to accomplish anything is if we can be a "collective" together as a band. That means practice and hang out together and in order to do that, I have to move to Oslo. So Tuesday, Im flying to Oslo and that will begin my living there fulltime. Im not only doing this for myself and the band but Im doing it for all of the fans. I assure you, this next wave of Borknagar will be a real force of awesome lol.

12. Alteredmindeath

Alteredmindeath Wasteland Survivor

I commend Dave for pushing the band and making sacrifices to help further the life of Borknagar. I know you guys can make more great records just make em longer!

13. AnTz0r

AnTz0r Crimson King

Dude I was there too! But seriously, no way that venue holds 1100 people. I'd say it was about 700 max.

14. ErikSL

ErikSL groove junkie

I would probably sell my soul to see them in the U.S. I really hope some kind of tour sprouts from this new contract.

Of course, 3 new albums is the best part of this whole announcement. The more Borknagar, the better. I love this band.

15. Kerros

Kerros Kerry nooo!

I was at the Agalloch show too, front row right up against the stage. I could've probably poked John Haughm if I felt like it. Worm Ouroboros were amazing, so were Daniel Menche and Aerial Ruin.

16. Helge-Uwe

Helge-Uwe Member

I'd sell my soul if Agalloch ever play in front of a 1000+ audience at a club show.