This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Boss TU-2 bypass

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Heabow, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Heabow

Heabow More cowbell!

Hi

I always recorded guitar/bass directly in the DI without anything but for the last recording, I had to ask the guy to unplug the guitar so much times to tune it that now I think I'll plug the guitar into the Boss TU-2 and use the bypass output so no need to unplug.

I tried this to test and have had no issue but I just wanted to know your opinion about how this affects the signal (noise, less gain or something, is it a REAL bypass?) I know some people here are very brilliant at 'technical' stuff, no need to get complex explanations tho.

Thanks

2. Trevoire520

Trevoire520 Member

I don't think the TU2 is a trus bypass pedal. Use your own ears though and listen to if you can hear a difference with and without the pedal. If you can't hear a difference then you're good to go.
    If you're using a DI box rather than the Hi-z input on your interface you could just use the link output from the DI and hook that up to the tuner.

3. AntonioPetrole

Listen to your DI's if you are doing DI's. I did this with a tuner for about a month and thought my pup's were just shit. I personally would just keep unplugging and tuning or maybe get the guitar resetup.

4. Heabow

Heabow More cowbell!

I think you gave me the best solution man ;) So simple but I never thought about it!

Will try it. Thanks!

5. punkrockacademyfightsong

you can also send the DI signal to a hardware output of your interface and plug that into your tuner.