This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Brent's official yearly petition/b*tchfest for Annihilator to play Progpower :)

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Metalmilitia2000, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Thank you. :lol:

2. KS METALHEAD

KS METALHEAD Heavy Metal Thunder

I would love to see Annihilator at ProgPower as well.

3. ICEDEARTHFAN

ICEDEARTHFAN IN MEMORY.....

I'm with you on this.Seeing them would be like Christmas early for me.

4. Metalmilitia2000

For any of you that have ever wanted to kill me after some of my comments, this is the way to do it! Get Glenn to book Annihilator. I'll either have a stroke/heart attack or you can just kill me after they play and I'll go happily! Haha

5. ICEDEARTHFAN

ICEDEARTHFAN IN MEMORY.....

I'm thinking more along the lines of Jeff pulling you on stage and playing so loud your head explodes

6. Metalmilitia2000

I can scream a mean "AAAAALLLLIIICCCCEEEE IN HELL!" "AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLIIIIISSSSSSOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!"

7. DEATHZILLA

DEATHZILLA Member

Annihilator are at the top of my want to see list! i would fly to Atlanta for them alone!

8. drmetal8

drmetal8 Graphic Design

I saw Annihilator on their first tour with Wrathchild America and Testament (headliner) in Charlotte, NC on November 21, 1989. (I still have the ticket stub.)
    I stood up front against the rail right in front of Jeff Waters. I didn't know much about them at the time other than the song Allison Hell.
    It is the one and only time I have ever seen Annihilator. I would welcome a chance to see them again anywhere!

9. Metalmilitia2000

I really wish I had the money to sponsor them, I would in a heartbeat. Hell, I have over $3500 bucks in my vinyl/record collection, maybe if I sold it.... (it's worth a LOT more than that...)

They are the only band I would even consider that for.

10. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

You ought to just go to Europe once and see them play. If you are that desperate and they havent played North America in forever. It might be your best bet. Then again...you may have the type of luck I have where you would spend the money to do that and then they would tour here.

11. Metalmilitia2000

I do have that kind of luck. :(

Besides, if I had that kind of money, I would just sponsor them for Progpower. I know Glenn at least likes them, so I'm sure he wouldn't be opposed to the idea, especially with is recent inclusion of thrash oriented bands.

12. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

You know, a little more than a year ago I would say there's no way in hell they would fit with this fest. But the last two lineups, there seems to be some thrashier bands or at least initially in Paradox and Eldritch. So, I think it's possible. I don't think they'd be a headliner though. Maybe a 5 slot. I certainly wouldn't mind.

13. Metalmilitia2000

And yea, it's been 17 years since they have played North America. I think it's time a certain promoter brings them back.... ;)

14. Metalmilitia2000

Oh, I'm realistic, I'm not asking for them to headline, as much as I would love that, it's just not realistic.

Because, let's face it, headlining wouldn't be enough for me in a perfect world. In a perfect world, Annihilator would play a 5 hour set and I would go home hearing EVERYTHING I wanted to hear.

15. RagePSV

RagePSV Member

I only have a few of their albums, but this would give me an excuse to get the rest :)

16. BenMech

BenMech student of the d'eh

Why not draft a band called "Fired from Annilhilator" instead? It would be a full lineup.

17. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

Brent, why dont you have Nathan book them next time he is putting a show together?

18. seh750

seh750 Member

Seriously? 17 years? I thought Jeff was from Canada? No wonder I've never seen them. Just ordered the latest disc (and a bunch of other stuff) today.

"Alice isn't it wonderful, alice aren't you scared..."

19. Metalmilitia2000

He's gonna punch you for that Bob, rofl. I have only been bugging him about it for years! I tried to get him to get them to headline MN Metal Fest last year, but I don't know what happened with that. I mean, they have enough of a fanbase here in the states (not huge, but loyal) that if they were to play a show here with enough notice, plenty of fans would travel for it. I have been involved in no less than 3 attempts to get them to the states in the past 3 years. They have all fallen apart in various stages.

20. Metalmilitia2000

Yep, 17 years. And yes, the entire band lives in Canada except for their new drummer who lives in Italy. They haven't played a show on North American soil since 1993. Now, Jeff, independently has done NAMM as well as the Roadrunner Allstars show in NY (where he did Alice In Hell with Ripper singing, would have killed to see that), but as for the band Annihilator, not since 1993.