This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Buying Guitars from Japan?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by Arystar, Jun 6, 2020.

1. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

All Edwards are sold out. They get resupply really often

2. Muffin

Muffin Dusk..

Dunno about the other edwards, but the Katakana is an upfront deposit with the rest paid upon delivery at least. So I had to mail them to order it.

3. Christvirg

Christvirg New Metal Member

I just bought a couple of edwards models from there and can confirm a June shipment.

Muffin likes this.
  4. Aries Poison Girl

I've bought other metal stuff from Japan. It's triple expensive but the quality is a king one. So the guitars must be.

Japanese are strict and disciplined, if you find something wrong at the order they will cut the head of the one who sent it. I ordered a few albums and other band merch from there, it delivered extra secured, with luxury package and all the bonus stuff like free magazines, stickers, backstage pass and everything. If you consider buying anything from Japan, you won't regret it.

5. Muffin

Muffin Dusk..

They're Japanese, not Klingon rofl
    But yes, never had an issue dealing with Japanese sellers.

6. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Really wanted to get an Edwards Katakana but I don't think Musamaailma ships here so kinda boned. I actually played an ESP CS one in Kyoto last year and nearly bought it on the spot but decided not to for whatever reason. I think it was like 3700$ used. Been kicking myself in the ass about that lately.

7. rabber_335i

rabber_335i Member

That's really expensive, if you can afford to drop that on a guitar why not just fly to finland to get one and also make a trip out of it? Haha.

That's what I'm considering once pandemic is over.

8. Muffin

Muffin Dusk..

ESP is heavily backordered on a lot of their models, so I wouldn't bank on flying to Finland and finding the perfect model there TBH. Just shoot them an email and ask, they're really nice people and the worst you can get is a confirmation that they can't ship there. I can't really think of a reason why they wouldn't though. I live in Norway which is technically outside of the European Union, this meant that they deducted the VAT from the order, which was nice.

rabber_335i likes this.
  9. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

I made better money back then. If I still did I would probably just have one made, but to that end, I would have myself something made to my specs.

10. Aries Poison Girl

Well I'm sharing experience, dude. It's up to you to decide. The quality there is absolutely great and if something come damaged or missing, the one on shift would be fired immediately, that's what I mean by "cut his head".