This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cancer Victims (Tribute)

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA Lounge' started by RagePSV, May 20, 2014.

1. RagePSV

RagePSV Member

Hey everyone, a co-worker of mine is working on a tribute to cancer victims. She is doing a painting using the actual names of anyone who has had cancer in the painting. She says that she will need thousands of names in order to complete it, so if anyone has anyone they would like to be included, please let me know and I will pass them on. Also, if you know of anyone in the metal community who has battled cancer, we can use those too. I could only recall Adam Darski and Chuck Schuldiner off the top of my head. Thanks everyone.

2. halcyonwayband@aol.com

halcyonwayband@aol.com Guitars - Halcyon Way

Nick from Redemption had multiple myeloma, I had Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. Jame Murphy from Testament had a brain tumor. Chuck Billy had something a while back, Vivian Campbell has lymphoma, Tony Iommi same.....

3. RagePSV

RagePSV Member

Thanks Jon, I will pass the names on. I appreciate your help.

4. happytimes

happytimes Franky

For whatever it's worth, my son, Ryan Remington, is suffering from Adult Onset Pediatric Aveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma (sp?) which is a stupidly rare form of skeletal muscle tissue cancer. Poor kid was a damn fine drummer until this damn disease took over the muscles in his left leg. Anyways, for this father of a cancer victim, I want to say "Thank You" to both you and your friend and to tell you that efforts like this are greatly appreciated by people like me.

5. RagePSV

RagePSV Member

Thanks, I will pass his name on to be included. I hope and wish the best for your son.

6. LunaTEKKE

LunaTEKKE Madness Reigns

The last time Redemption played PP, they actually did a whole video tribute to metal musicians who have passed away from cancer. Maybe someone here captured the list of everyone featured?

Also, Tony Harnell from TNT had surgery for thyroid cancer. He actually spoke last month at a conference for endocrinologists that I was working at. Wish I could have abandoned my booth at the exhibit hall to attend!

7. RagePSV

RagePSV Member

Thanks for your help!