This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CANNIBAL CORPSE KILL ALBUM

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by ZPDRUMMER, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ZPDRUMMER

ZPDRUMMER MaN Of MaNy NamEZ

what do you think about this album? after listening too it forever now, i just cant get over the fact that it sounds like it is bass heavy. the bass drums just sound like mud almost and too much low end. the compression on the album is rough as well...HUGE FAN OF THE BAND THOUGH, and it still is a great album, just my thoughts (and CORPSEGRINDER IS better than Barnes)

2. JBroll

JBroll I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!

Blurgh...

Can't fucking stand the Corpse vs. Barnes shit. Different styles, they fit different bands together... Corpsegrinder kicks ass, Barnes kicks ass, go fuck a sheet of sandpaper... not entirely relevant, but I'm sick of that nonsense.

And I want the bass sound.

Jeff

3. ZPDRUMMER

ZPDRUMMER MaN Of MaNy NamEZ

well first off, you can go stick your dick in a fuckin meat grinder....second, i like what barnes has done with the band, +1 to barnes nothing taken away from the dude, he is a better fit in torture killer and SFU. just corpsegrinder has a raw and intense power in his voice that barnes never really gave me. ive seen both of them live and corpsegrinder is just like putting a bunch of needles filled with salt in your veins and pressing as hard as you can, that is all...the wretched spawn is probably the best cannibal to date in my eyes, right before eaten back to life

4. Torniojaws

Torniojaws They call me Juha

Yeah, TWS is definitely their peak musically and tonally to me. The production is simply awesome on that album. Kill sounds a little muffled and messy to me, but the songs are kickass anyways. Can't wait for the next album this year(?). Personally I never was much into Barnes. His vocals just have that run-of-the-mill thing going on, even though I'm sure he was one of the first ones to do it :lol: There's so much sewer vocals you can listen to before getting bored, no matter how deep and low they are. Fisher at least tries for variety in his vocals.

5. JBroll

JBroll I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!

I don't dislike either of them but the "Barnes is better! No, stfu, Corpsegrinder is better! Fuck both of you, Hetfield!" shit is just as annoying as the endless Trivium bashing or hearing twelve-year-olds talk about how Megadeth sucks because they stole everything from Metallica.

For me it's The Bleeding and then The Wretched spawn, for the record.

Jeff

6. deanbailey

deanbailey O.C.D Member

Love the album, Unfortunately i was a late bloomer and KILL got me into cannibal corpse(tbh) but the bleeding is my favorite album.
    I don't think great productions were ever a priority of theirs.

7. Pman

Pman Member

haha same here man. first album: kill; fav album: bleeding

8. VH100R

VH100R Member

the bleeding was a master piece back in the day.

but I still rock like a motherfucker when I hear Devoured by Vermin.

I like both dudes. who cares.... its death metal ahahahah

9. Fragle

Fragle Member

imho kill is pretty good musically...i kinda miss the jack owen groovey stuff, but then again, since there's more pat o'brien songs on that record it's much more over the top, which is also nice.
    regarding production, well, the kickdrum is weird...fast double bass passages are quite muddy sounding, as if there was TOO much low end going on. the guitars sound ok....i prefer the clean TWS sound, though. TWS in general is clearer sounding, whereas kill is more in your face and brutal...guess that happens if you got eric rutan behind the desk :lol:

anyways...CC in general is one of the few death metal bands that i can stand. i love everything from bloodthirst to kill...especially bloodthirst and TWS. the older stuff is not as memorable imho. vile has some cool stuff (devoured by vermin ROCKS), the bleeding is pretty cool, but the production isn't on par with the quality of the music, and the old stuff...well....not my cup of tea ;-)
    awesome liveband by the way...and pat is a STELLAR guitar player imho. not as much for the leads (slayer on speed basically...meh), but the rhythms...the RHYTHMS....incredibly heavy attack, similar to eric peterson but even more in your face. stellar songwriter, too....riffs are not from this world. dead human collection anyone??

10. The inquisitor

CC is always beter, he hates the alliance.