This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can't believe it's been a decade: The Sound of Perseverance

Discussion in 'Travis Smith' started by BeyondtheUnholyGrave, Nov 13, 2008.

1. BeyondtheUnholyGrave

Just dedicating this thread to the amazing album and artwork for Death's final masterpiece The Sound of Perseverance. The artwork from Travis is awesome. The cover really does a great job at showing the Perseverance of human beings. It's a shame it was printed so dark. It shows people trying to climb a mountain. Different people are at different stages(in life) and some are rising while some are falling. It's my favorite work from Travis and favorite album from Chuck. Hope everyone hasn't forgotten Chuck's brillaint works. As Steve DiGiorgio put it "Be proud of his work, his heart still beats for us every time we listen to his songs, because his heart is in his work."

http://www.seempieces.com/display_category.php?band=Death

2. Meanspark

Meanspark Member

Great memories. Time runs fast. What a great man he was.
    Yeah that's true, Travis did the artwork, wonderful cover.

3. Ozzloaf

Ozzloaf Art Geek

AWESOME album! Cool art too. It's always interesting to see "early" digital art that was created before the advanced technology we have now was out. That must have been like an OLLLLLDDDD Wacom and Photoshop 5 or 7 or something.

4. Meanspark

Meanspark Member

Honestly, there's no difference between PS5 and CS4, just more unuseful tools and shitty filters. I always use the same 4 tools (move tool, selection, brushes and smudge). I still have PS6 on my computer and use it frequently, that version is lighter and faster. Some people think they will get better with the new wacom or the latest MAC G5 haha, it can be faster to render large images but that's all.

5. I think it was Photoshop 3, actually, and no tablet, on a blazingly fast 75mhz Mac.

6. Ozzloaf

Ozzloaf Art Geek

WOAH hahaha