This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Catholic? RC

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by easyrider123, Feb 9, 2013.

1. easyrider123

easyrider123 New Metal Member

Hi I'm new to the site :headbang:

I'm just getting back into metal after 4 years of being off it completely. See I had mental breakdown 4 years ago and found God I guess you could say... And as a result I rejected my old life and everything about it, as I wanted to get away from myself I and get away from what I thought was bad influences . I was big into metal before the breakdown. but now having become more how to say become grounded, I was looking trough some old stuff that I had put away from the light of day. I found two Testament albums amongst other metal music and thought to myself this is not bad, its actually pretty good!

I don't want to reject who I am but at the same time I think I have found a real jem of culture and beauty which I will hold onto and that is the Faith.

Anyway I was just wondering if any of the band members are religious as in Catholic or if anyone on the site is.. I'm not really wanting to get into a debate about religion with people unless they show a measure of good will, and i'm not here to push anything down anyone throat!

All the best keep on rocking :D

2. NihilisticWill

NihilisticWill New Metal Member

Well personally, I'm a Satanic Agnostic. I doubt you'll find many Christians of any denomination; especially in the Philosophy section. But don't feel alienated. I know that metal is usually associated with Satan and the worship of similar figures and while in some cases this is true, real metal (in my opinion) is less about preaching and more about thinking. Metal to me is about being true to oneself to the greatest possible extent.

Believe what you want, you're not hurting anybody nor are you shoving it down our throats. As long as you sincerely believe that you are being true to yourself nobody can tell you otherwise. All that I ask is that you and everybody else out there keep this is mind: Know that you believe, don't believe that you know.

They are words that I live by and it's why I'm probably one of the most tolerant people that my friends know.

3. orcslayr23

orcslayr23 Member

Hey dude! I envy you, congrats on discovering your beliefs.

I was brought up as a catholic/christian but now i'm not really anything because I don't want to believe in something merely because my parents told me to; I want to discover it (or discover my lack of belief) for myself.