This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Check My Art Out. Please.

Discussion in 'Travis Smith' started by Eyesore, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Eyesore

Eyesore Member

Well, a while back I had a book of poetry published and I tried my hand at designing the cover, which came out pretty good except I submitted it in RGB mode, so the color is a bit fucked up...and I edited one part and couldn't see the color change on my computer. Still, not bad for a first try.

Then my second book came out and the cover came out really good, but very simple. So I decided on trying some CD covers. Since I've done a few for some local bands, and now I'm working on some for a band called badkarma. They are from the NJ/NY area. Dave Neabore from Mucky Pup/Dog Eat Dog/All Boro Kings play with them.

So anyway, I'm looking for some feedback. I'm still learning Photoshop and I'm just now getting into Illustrator. Anyway, to check the images out visit: http://www.goodpigbadpig.com and go to the visual section.

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are!

2. ColdDarkNord

ColdDarkNord www.vicrecords.com

3. Eyesore

Eyesore Member

Don't lie! "Cool" is not a thought! =)

Just messing. I'd like to apologize, I saw the "post your art here" post after I posted this message.

I know that what I've done is not that similar to what Travis does because the bands I've worked for haven't really been metal. One was a rap group, the other punk, and one rock band. So, the designs reflect that.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out.

Ken

4. demon talented

demon talented enduring iconoclast

the body formerly referred to as TheLedTool
    :lol: :lol:

I can relate as I'm a poet.

I don't know much about the visual things, but the bad karma covers are um... cool. :p I think the candle idea is a fitting idea.

5. Eyesore

Eyesore Member

Man, the lyrics to that song are pretty fuck'n hilarious! The shit 14 year olds come up with!

So, my shit is cool? Hahaha...tell me if it sucks dammit! I actually think the Godzilla cover is pretty funny! I guess you'd have to hear the ninja fighting intro to that CD to appreciate the "Total Powa" title! Hahaha.

Anyway...

6. wingnut4

wingnut4 I Depend On Darkness

its not really my style of artwork, but its aklright for what it is, i like the badkarma one with the trees, its pretty kewl

7. Eyesore

Eyesore Member

Yeah, I know it's a different style. That badkarma on with the trees didn't go over well with them. They asked for something "dark" and that's all they gave for inspiration, so I guess I went a little too "swedish death metal" dark on that one.

I'm still getting into all of this anyway, gotta learn somewhere.

8. wingnut4

wingnut4 I Depend On Darkness

yep!! so am i , lol, so dont worry about it!!! Just keep going,.....thats what i keep telling meself..eek